[Imc-makerspace] Mesh Wifi and Computer Networking

Derek Dagit derek at dagit.name
Wed Feb 15 08:57:26 CST 2012

Hi all,

We wanted to give you an important update about the Mesh Wifi Group.

After considering feedback from participants, the Mesh Wifi Group will meet irregularly as interest demands.  The regular Thursday meeting time is difficult for some of the folks to make, and so we will no longer be meeting at that time.

The current project to deploy a production-level mesh in the IMC is continuing under Chris with help from me and others, and the reading group may resume again as those interested have time available.

The reading group might start regular meetings again in the summer, as that seemed to be a good time for most, but will broaden in scope to discuss computer networking in general.  It's focus will be to be a place to learn new skills and experiment with new ideas with other people interested and knowledgeable in networking.

As always, you can post to the list or mail folks directly to get something going.
--
Derek