[Imc-makerspace] Mitch Altman Visit in Feb/March?

Serge Minin sergeminin at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 17 22:15:43 CST 2012

Hi Stewart, Mitch, and everyone else,

I have been ears for a long time, but I would now like to chime in.

Firs, I would like to ask whether Mitch might be inclined to do something at the ECE department.  I am an instructor for the RF lab here, and I it seems that that our lab space can be used for some student workshops, if desired.  Also, some student societies might be excited to have Mitch as a guest speaker.  After all, he is pretty well known here.  If a rep from MakerspaceU comes along, it would be even better.  There is a lot of synergy that is possible.

Also, I am involved somewhat in k-12 outreach.  Perhaps I could help set up something with school kids?  The libraries might be good in terms of space.

I was wondering if the week of March 5th is still somewhat open for Mitch.  Incidentally, the Engineering Open House is on the 9th, if that is of any interest.

Anyhow, if any of this sounds agreeable, I would love to put in some effort to work out the logistics.

Thank you very much,

Serge

P.S.  Stewart, I only know you as the very informative eVoice on the list, but I would really enjoy meeting you in person.