[Imc-makerspace] upcoming Arduino workshop (and Allen Hall workshops)

Mitch Altman mitch at CornfieldElectronics.com
Wed Feb 29 12:20:45 CST 2012

Hi,

How's the publicity going for the workshop on Saturday?

10 people at my workshop on Monday said they came because they saw
posters that I put up on lamp poles in campustown.  I'd be up for doing
that again for the MakerSpace workshop if someone can get me 100 posters
to put up.

Best,
Mitch.

--------------------
Hi All,

I've attached a poster for publicizing the Arduino For Total Newbies
workshop this coming Saturday.  Please use it to publicize!

Also, could someone please update the webpage to be more like this one I
used for 28C3?
http://events.ccc.de/congress/2011/wiki/ArduinoForTotalNewbies
This has all the pertinent info (along with the photo I took of 50
people soldering at the same workshop at Noisebridge).

I've also attached the poster for the Learn To Solder workshop at Allen
Hall this Monday at 7pm.  Please feel free to pass that around if you
like -- since this is open to the public, and is good for all ages, and
all skill levels.  (I put 100 copies of this poster up all over
campustown this evening.)

And, if anyone is into it, I can use some help for the workshops I'm
giving every weeknight at 7pm at Allen Hall (in the rec-room in the
basement), but especially  on Monday (Learn To Solder) and Wednesday
(Arduino For Total Newbies) and Thursday (MintyBoost), since these three
will have the most people.  There will be lots of people learning to
solder, and only one of me.

The more people that are at Allen Hall from MakerSpace Urbana, the more
chance there is to talk it up to this audience who needs to know about
MakerSpace Urbana!

Also, the auto-bio talk ("Hack Your Life for Fun and Profit") I'll be
giving on Sunday at Allen Hall at 2pm (in the rec-room in the basement)
is open to all who want to come -- so feel free to come to that, too
(it's a good talk, if I do say so myself).  :)

Cheers,
Mitch.