[Imc-makerspace] Space API Resources

Stewart Dickson mathartspd at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 01:44:31 UTC 2012

== Relating to tonight's Makerspace membership meeting ==

== Snipped from below and further annotated ==

Space API[1].

There's already a number of spaces using this api and thus Android
apps[2] and webpages[3][4] already accessing this information.

#matt <brimstone at the.narro.ws <mailto:brimstone at the.narro.ws>>

1: https://hackerspaces.nl/spaceapi/
"The HackerSpace Status API proposes a unified syntax to publish
information about a hackerspace for consumption by javascript widgets,
mobile apps and other scripts or programs. The API is flexible, and
allows for custom extensions."
2:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ws.narro.the.in.spacedirectory
"This is a directory browser for hackerspaces supporting the SpaceAPI
and listed in the directory. More details about the API here:
https://hackerspaces.nl/spaceapi/ If you want your camera image to show
up on your space's page, direct the cam array element in the API towards
a url ending in jpg, png or gif.
Source can be found at
https://the.narro.ws/svn/brimstone/programming/android/SpaceDirectory"
3: http://hackerspaces.me/wall