[Imc-makerspace] Fwd: The Schedule for the EV Forum on October 23rd (and also for the Remainder of Sustainability Week)

Stewart Dickson mathartspd at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 02:34:16 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Noreen <davidnoreen at ymail.com>
Date: Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Subject: The Schedule for the EV Forum on October 23rd (and also for
the Remainder of Sustainability Week)
To: Illinois EV Club <illinoisev at googlegroups.com>

Greetings,

     You may have seen the advertisement in Sunday's News-Gazette
(10-14-12, p. C-6) about the upcoming Electric Vehicle Forum at the
I-Hotel & Conference Center on Tuesday, October 23rd.  There's free
admission to the event, but it's limited to the first 60 registrants
and registration closes this Friday, October 19th, so I'm recommending
that anyone who wants to attend the event should fill out the
registration form ASAP, even if you're only able to attend for part of
the day.  Our Illinois EV Club will be on the schedule for the 2:30 pm
time slot.  So far, it looks like Club President Matt, Cara, Leo and I
will be there on Tuesday; a couple of other members have said they
hope to stop by for at least part of the day.  It would be great,
though, if more of you would be able to attend, because it sounds like
it will be a very interesting event.

     A big thanks goes out to Illinois EV Club members Leo and Cara
for help taking care of some of the details of setting things up, as
well as to the American Lung Association and the UI's Office of
Sustainability.  Here's the information that we have about the Forum
so far:

Tuesday, October 23, 2012--8:30am-4:30pm: Electric Vehicles Forum

The Electric Vehicle Forum series is designed to educate the various
stakeholders and the general public of the interplay between national
research laboratories, private vehicle companies, state government,
electricians, and charging station developers in the development of an
electric vehicle infrastructure. Our speakers are extremely
knowledgeable and experienced with this sort of infrastructure
development and have generated active discussion at our previous
forums. This dialogue aids consumers, researchers, and infrastructure
developers in making informed decisions with regards to vehicle
purchase and the overall success of building an electric vehicle
network in Illinois.

I-Hotel and Conference Center, 1900 S. First Street, Champaign

Stephanie M. Lage
Office of Sustainability
University of Illinoiis at Urbana-Champaign
615 E. Peabody, Room 167, MC-650
Champaign, IL 61820
217-333-4653

     Here's some additional, more-detailed information:

1.  Here’s a link to the American Lung Association’s website that
describes what’s involved in the various EV Forums that they’ve
planned and are in the process of planning (including ours):

http://www.driveelectricillinois.org/

(Note: The above URL re-directs to the URL below:)

http://www.lung.org/associations/states/illinois/indoor--outdoor-air/drive-electric-illinois.html

2  Here’s the link to the registration form:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DriveElectricIL_ForumRegistration

3.(a) The events that are already scheduled for October 23rd can be
found at this link: (Click on the link that’s labeled “Forum Agenda.”)

http://www.lung.org/associations/states/illinois/indoor--outdoor-air/electric-vehicle-forum-i.html

(b) If you click on the link that’s labeled “Speaker Bios” at the URL
above, you can see that there are indeed some distinguished speakers
from government and industry that will be participating in this forum.

4. Here’s a link to the UI’s sustainability website:

http://sustainability.illinois.edu/

and here’s their link to all the events that have been planned so far
for Sustainability Week:

http://sustainability.illinois.edu/SW2012.html

P.S.  Illinois EV Club member Leo has arranged for a number of local
car dealers to have EVs present at the event, and we hope to have some
of the locally-owned EVs associated with the club there, as well.