[Imc-makerspace] Hi There!

Brady Salz brady.salz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 01:28:10 UTC 2012

Hey there!

Hope your summer went well! I've begun to settle back in, although starting
with all these fun ECE classes is already a good deal work than I
expected/wanted, but I suppose that's engineering in college. I meant to
drop by your hours yesterday night, but I had to cover someone's shift
rather last minute. Glad to see you can use our website haha, it's been
through a lot of redesign this summer and let's just say the amount of down
time has been less than optimal for sure.

More importantly to our matters though, you should've gotten a google doc
link from me around the same time as this email. It has a rough guideline
(emphasis: rough) of the workshops we're going to host this year (and
everyone at the Makerspace is more than welcome to attend of course! If
it's just info, it's free, otherwise we just charge materials fee). You did
mention how hard it was to drag kids out to "the middle of the nowhere"
(you know, off-campus), but I think we're going to have a lot more success
this year with the highly increased involvement we've had from the past few
years, especially with mini-field trips to professor's labs to check out
their research. I see no reason why we can't have one for the Makerspace,
so that's definitely something I'd love to discuss.

I'll definitely try and make it over there next Wednesday!

Brady

P.S. That Corbin kid? Oh my, he is *smart*. Programming micros (Parallax
line) since middle school, veeeeery impressive. He'll be an awesome member
to our area!