[Imc-makerspace] Fwd: MicroUSB connector repair

MakerSpace Urbana makerspaceu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 13:17:31 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mikko Tuomela <mstuomel at illinois.edu>
Date: Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Subject: MicroUSB connector repair
To: makerspaceu at gmail.com

Hi! I very much support the idea of makerspaces but currently I have a very
specific problem.

The MicroUSB connector (the one jolted to the circuit board) of my Galaxy S
II phone is somehow broken so that it is difficult (but not totally
impossible) to recharge the phone. The phone is still under warranty, but
because it was bought from Finland, it would be slow and costly to send it
to Finland for repairs, and I would need to get another phone for that time.

Would it be possible to find somebody to fix it through you? I don't really
know what else to do - any advice would be highly appreciated!

--
Mikko Tuomela
PhD Student, Illinois Informatics Institute