[Imc-makerspace] 3D Printing workshop

jamesrh jamesrh at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 23:53:39 UTC 2013

We will be holding our 3d printing workshop on cleanup, repair, and how to
print problematic objects from 5:00 to 7:00pm tomorrow at Makerspace Urbana
(basement room #16 of the IMC, 202 S. Broadway St in Urbana).

We will cover methods to process files so that slicing and printing go
smoothly, and the basics of tools to clean up 3d scans and converted files
for successful printing.

Bring a laptop if you have one, otherwise, we have computers available in
the space.  We will be using Blender and MeshLab, which you might want to
install beforehand.  Come 15 min early if you would like help getting them
installed.

If you have any problem files, or something that you think there may be an
issue with, bring the STL files along.

See you there,
   James H