[Imc-makerspace] Final Summer Make-a-tion workshops this weekend: Router Hacking and Robots!

Gergana Slavova gergana.s.slavova at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 01:27:12 UTC 2013

Hey everyone,

Our last 2 workshops are happening this Saturday.  Come join us!

*Home Router Hacking* (Saturday 8/24 @ 11am)
Turn an off-the-shelf router into a fully-functioning network device!
Learn about how to install and use open source software for your home
router.  No router required!

*Cost:* Free or $10 to keep a router

*Arduino Robotics* (Saturday 8/24 @ 3pm)
It’s robot-building time! We’ll be showing you how to make and program your
very own walking robot creation using an Arduino. One of the easiest
electronics prototyping platform intended for artists, designers,
hobbyists, and anyone interested in creating interactive objects.

*Cost:* $15 for materials (or pay what you can) + $20 if you would like to
keep your Arduino

Both workshops will take place at Makerspace Urbana located in the basement
room #16 of the Independent Media Center in Urbana (202 S. Broadway
Ave).  Check
our website <http://makerspaceurbana.org/make-a-tion/make-a-tion-2013/> for
more info.

~Gergana