[Imc-makerspace] Fiber Workshop/Skillshare (UC2B style)

Jeffrey Putney quaker at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 02:36:31 UTC 2013

Hey Everyone,

We're holding a workshop tomorrow(wed) on how they make the fiber optic
cables the're laying around town for the UC2B network. One of our
members(Billy) will be bringing the equipment and some of the other people
he works with at UC2B to show us how it's done. We will also be able to try
out the equipment ourselves. Since it's during open hours I'm thinking
we'll probably setup in our attached overflow space(the Zine Library) so
the space will still be free for normal use.

We're located in the basement room #16 of the Independent Media Center in
Urbana. The space can be a little tricky to find but if you enter through
the back bike project door (near the radio tower) and take your first left,
we're at the end of the hall. If the outside door is locked or you need
help finding the space just call (816) 287-1717

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Putney
Senior Software Engineer