[Imc-makerspace] Workshops to prepare for TUFL

Jeffrey Putney quaker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 01:00:03 UTC 2013

Hey everyone

In preparation for the upcoming workshops at The Urbana Free Library we
were thinking it would be great to do some dry runs of the workshops at the
makerspace first, open to all our members. Partly as practice for the
instructors but also because they are just fun workshops. But that means I
need to order extra parts for us to work with.

So if you think you might be interested just email me back a 1,2, or 3 ASAP
as I need to place an order like tomorrow!!

Here are the options:
1. Soldering - Sat Feb 2 at 2pm ($5 suggested donation)
2. Atari Punk Console - Sat Feb 16 at 2pm ($20 suggested donation)
3. Both

If your wondering what the Atapi Punk console is here's a good video of it
working <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT3XKdGuTdY> and here are some
pictures <https://picasaweb.google.com/104741706155484338455/AtariPunkConsoleWithJimmieRodgers>from
when Jimmie Rodgers did this at Unit One. It's a fun little synthesizer you
build into the housing of your choosing. And at the soldering workshop
we'll be making blinky badges and contact microphones.

Thanks,
  Jeff

--
Jeffrey Putney