[Imc-makerspace] Soldering, Post-It Speakers, and Glowing Chucks on Saturday! (Summer Make-a-tion 2013)

Gergana Slavova gergana.s.slavova at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 03:54:27 UTC 2013

Hey everyone,

Just a heads-up we have 2 workshops this Saturday.  We'd love to see you
there!

*Soldering + Post-It Speakers (11am)*
3 workshops for the price of 1! We’ll have 3 separate stations where:

   - we teach you the basics of soldering by making your very own robot
   badge light up;
   - make-your-own speaker with a piece of paper and some wire;
   - and create a robot from recycled paper cups.

Not available in stores, one morning session only!

Cost: $5 for materials (or pay what you can)
*Glowing Chuck Taylors (3pm)*
We already know Chuck Taylors are the sneakers’ “All Star”s.  Now you can
make them literally glow by adding an Electroluminescent (EL) Panel and an
inverter. With this simple workshop from AdaFruit <http://www.adafruit.com/>,
you’ll walk out with a light in your step and a power source in your sole. *You
must bring your own Chuck Taylors or other item you would like to modify!*

Cost: $20 (or pay what you can)
Both workshops will be held at the Makerspace.  For more info, visit our
website <http://makerspaceurbana.org/make-a-tion/make-a-tion-2013/>.

~Gergana