[Imc-makerspace] Mini-Maker Faire 2013 Planning

Jeffrey Putney quaker at gmail.com
Thu May 16 16:28:51 UTC 2013

Last tuesdays planning meeting went great! Sorry again about the late
notice, and missing some people on email who were at the very first
meeting(were setting up a listserv soon to fix this). But the next meeting
is coming up on June 3rd. So mark your calendar right now this second... if
you're interested. Here is a quick overview of the meeting:

Items from previous meetings.
  - Location is set: Independent Media Center
  - Date and time is set: September 21, 2013 11am – 5pm
  - Grant funding applied for from urbana arts council.
  - Grant funding received ($2000)

Items covered in this meeting:
  - Created a planning
document<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UV3b4wLglbPeHY5z-FD8qAuiTRMrOQhBwsY1W6xBLfo/edit#>to
track large action items and due dates. It can be
viewedhere<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UV3b4wLglbPeHY5z-FD8qAuiTRMrOQhBwsY1W6xBLfo/edit#>.

  - Main focus is to define all items that are needed to put out the 'call
for makers' and assign volunteers.

Next Meeting:
  - June 3rd 7pm at the makerspace
  - Focus on tasks for finding sponsors
  - Focus on defining smaller volunteer opportunities for people who would
like to help in more specific ways then general planning.

And many people contacted me directly about helping some of whom are not on
our imc listserv, so chris is working on setting up a specific listserv
address for Maker Faire planning so people can join in there if they are
interested.

I'm excited!
Jeff

--