[Imc-makerspace] IMC Fall Open House | Please Publicize/Forward!

Rachel Storm rachelstrm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 21:42:21 UTC 2013

IMC Board, Working Groups, Renters --

This is the announcement regarding our Fall Open House to forward all
around. Please share this with your groups and participants. The title
links to the FB event page. I also updated the IMC's Facebook with all of
our events for the next two weeks and will be adding the folks working
groups are designating as their "social media person" to the page (they
*do* need to "friend" me for me to add them. Friend me please!
rstorm2 at uiuc.edu... you can delete me later. I'm not looking. :P) so they
can cross post events!

Rachel

Fall IMC Open House |
ART+MEDIA+TECHNOLOGY+JUSTICE<https://www.facebook.com/events/645388605484818/>
*Saturday, September 28, 2013*
*12:00pm until 4:00pm*

The Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center invites the public to get to
know our programs, working groups, and projects in our Fall IMC Open House,
where staff, volunteers, and working groups will show you the ropes, speak
about our projects, and highlight the IMC's impact in the C-U community
over the past few years.

If you're interested in indymedia, arts, technology, and social change,
this event is not to be missed! We'll have refreshments on site and offer
bus tours of the IMC's impact in the community (tours are offered at 1:30pm
and 2:30pm). Come check out the The Bike Project of Urbana-Champaign,
Champaign-Urbana Citizens For Peace and Justice (CUCPJ), Urbana-Champaign
Books to Prisoners, Makerspace Urbana, The School for Designing a Society,
Remaking Matters, Outta the Mouths of Babes, WRFU, Public i, etc!

We'l feature speakers, an art exhibition, workshops/skillshares, food,
music, and media-making! Free and open to the public.

Share this invite via Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/events/645388605484818/