[Imc-makerspace] UCMMF meeting tonight!

Monica Marie Carr monica.mcarr at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 16:51:35 UTC 2013

Hello All,

We will be having our final UCMMF planning meeting tonight, 9/16, at 7p. If
you have amendments or additions, bring it to the meeting!

Can't make it to the meeting? Sign up to
volunteer<http://ucmakerfaire.com/volunteers/>the day of the faire!

Best,
Monica

*

1) Sponsorship

- Weiskamp

    - We have shirts for volunteers! They are awesome!

        - Designs were created by Laura

- need to make sure that we meet requirements in sponsor agreement
*
*

- Add sponsor posts to website
*
*

- Marketing sponsor
*
*

- monetary sponsor
*
*

- Laura
*
*

- Food Co-op (done w/ Meet the Makers)
*
*

*
*

2) Makers

- CALL FOR MAKERS IS CLOSED! We have 19 makers:)

- Food Co-op signed up, already approved
**

- Send confirmation emails - need responses?
- Create a list of what the Makers can expect the day of the

**

    event (i.e. that it is a family friendly event and probably

    should consider kid friendly things) (Emily)
**

- Makerspace Urbana

- Everyone needs to fill out a form even if they are a part of

Makerspace

- Have James fill out form for soldering
**

**

3) Marketing
**

- Smile Politely
**

      - Article to come out early this week
**

- Made fest logo & link is on ucmakerfaire.com
**

- Chambanamoms
**

  - Made an article for Call for Makers, will write another this week
**

- Logo added to ucmakerfaire.com
**

- Daily Illini

  - Find contact for Buzz to get in for Thursday 9/19 (Monica)(DONE

- Too expensive)

- Maker Faire stickers (Jeff)

- Make  our own stickers

- Food Co-op

 - Will Provide 35 lunches for the makers

- UC Pride fest

- DONE AND AWESOME

- FLYER FLYER FLYER EVERYWHERE

 - Need to print more (Emily) (DONE)

- Laura rocked this last week

4) Volunteers

- Recruit volunteers (Ongoing)

- Write LLC  (Jeff)

- define final needs

- Schedule bathroom breaks & someone for the Green Room (Emily) (On
Volunteer Schedule)

5) Other items

- Food

 - Contacted The Empanada House truck and Cracked; waiting to
**

(Monica)(DONE - no response)
**

hear back

 - We ordered 35 lunches for the makers from Co-Op (Emily)

(Asked for increase to 40 -DONE)

- Need to buy snack food for volunteers/extra (Emily)

- Make signs for the makers from Dixon (Emily)

6) Venue preperation.

- table count

- chair count

- venue layout - ask Danielle for a floorplan (Jeff) (DONE)

- people counter

- power cords/strips: need to buy

- outlet locations

- hardware to hang the banner (need to find ladder and straps) (Jeff)

- Print out signs for directions to bathroom/makerspace

*

--
Monica Carr
Doctoral Student