[Imc-makerspace] Reception and Mini Maker Faire Planning Meeting

Jeffrey Putney quaker at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 13:43:11 UTC 2014

Hey everyone,

Two exciting items:

1. We have officially received an Urbana Arts Grant for
$2,500<http://urbanaillinois.us/sites/default/files/attachments/2014-awards-press-release.pdf>
for
this years Mini Maker Faire! There is a Announcement Celebration and
Reception being held this Thursday for the recipients. Info:

"*To recognize these grant recipients, an Announcement Celebration and
Reception will be held from 5:30 - 7:00 PM on Thursday, April 3, 2014 at
Pizza M in Urbana - 208 W. Main St.*"

2. Our second planning meeting for this year will be this sunday (Apr 6th)
at 5pm at the Makerspace. The first meeting was just focused on the grant
application. So I'm imagining this meeting will be focused on the overall
plan for this year. How we might expand the faire, what things we want to
change from last year, etc... So if you're interested in helping or have
thoughts about such things please do come!  And just in case it's not
clear, new organizers are totally welcome! We're always looking for more
people to help make the maker faire a little more awesome :-)

Thanks everyone, hope to see you there, I'm so excited to see what we come
up with this year!!
  Jeff

Directions to the Makerspace:
*The Makerspace is located in the I*MC at 202 S Broadway Ave, Urbana, IL
61801. I*f you enter through the back bike project door (near the radio
tower on the south side of the building) and take your first left, we're at
the end of the hall. If the outside door is locked just ring the makerspace
doorbell or call (816) 287-1717 <%28816%29%20287-1717>.*

--
Jeffrey Putney
Senior Software Engineer