[Imc-makerspace] Knitting and LED wands @ Makerspace tomorrow

Gergana Slavova gergana.s.slavova at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 18:20:54 EDT 2014

Hi everyone,

We have 2 workshops at the Makerspace tomorrow (Saturday):

*Knitting @ 11am*
Curious about knitting? Never tried this amazing craft and don’t know where
to start? Or perhaps you need a refresher? Then this is the workshop for
you! This hands-on workshop will be taught in a simple and straightforward
manner that will provide the foundations for future projects. Depending on
the amount and level of the participants, I can introduce new techniques or
start you on a simple project.  More details here
<http://makerspaceurbana.org/make-a-tion/make-a-tion-2014/knitting/>.

Cost: $10 – includes knitting needles
(reduced to $5 if you bring your own needles)
*LED Magic Wands @ 3pm*
On my list of “Top 10 steps to become Hermione Granger, brightest witch of
her age”, number #1 is “Get a wand”.

While you won’t discover any magical abilities during this workshop, you’ll
learn how to wire up and assemble a DYI magic wand using a piece of paper,
an LED, some hot glue, and a battery. In no time at all, you’ll be sitting
back and *Accio*-ing the remote control closer to you.

Will include some basic soldering – if you’ve never done it before, now’s
the perfect time to learn!  More details here
<http://makerspaceurbana.org/make-a-tion/make-a-tion-2014/led-magic-wands/>.

Cost: $10
Hope to see you there!

~Gergana