[Imc-makerspace] Tonight! 5 Year Anniversary Party!

MakerSpace Urbana makerspaceu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 14:30:00 EST 2014

Just a reminder that we're having our *Anniversary event Tonight* and
you're invited! All ages! All welcome! Free food! Please forward to anyone
who might be interested.

Monday, December 15
7-9pm
IMC, Lower Level
202 S. Broadway, Urbana  (map
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/202+S+Broadway+Ave,+Lincoln+Square,+Urbana,+IL+61801/@40.1114134,-88.2068363,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x880cd79ffc64b461:0x4db01f05be68e257>
)
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/events/371093619738838/> Meetup
<http://www.meetup.com/Makerspace-Urbana/events/219192555/>

*Details:*
Makerspace Urbana is celebrating our 5 year anniversary on December 15th.
That's five years of fulfilling our mission to create a space where people
of diverse backgrounds can learn, teach, tinker, collaborate, share,
innovate, socialize, and create! Our list of accomplishments is this year
so large, we had to put it at the bottom of the email to fit! (see below).

And as part of our celebration, we are inviting YOU to be part of our Five
Year Five Hundred. This is a group of people who, collectively, commit to
contributing a small part of the $500 a month that will keep
our space thriving. We are excited to announce that we have already
received commitments totaling $250! We are halfway there- we just need YOU
to bring us to the total!
Can you join with others who care about our community and pledge $5, $10,
$25, or $50 a month for 2015?
Visit: https://makerspaceurbana.org/donate

*Directions once your at the IMC:*
The space can be a little tricky to find, but if you enter through the back
Bike Project door (near the radio tower on the south side of the building)
and take your first left, we're at the end of the hall. Here's a little
video to help: https:/youtube.com/watch?v=NtVYBwzWRjY And call (816)
287-1717 if you have trouble.

*2014 Makerspace Accomplishments!*
-- Py-CU's first year anniversary (Saturday, Feb. 1, 6-9pm)
-- Mitch Altman's Cool Kits workshop @ MU (Saturday, Feb. 15, 2-5pm)
-- Electric Waste Orchestra concert (Thursday, Feb. 20, 7-9pm)
-- UIUC Fine Arts class visit @ MU (Friday, Feb. 21, 8-9:30pm)
-- Hardware Freedom Day (Saturday, March 15)
-- Open Hours & Arduino's 10th Birthday celebration (Saturday, March 29)
-- Family Science Day @ Redbird Arena, Normal, IL (Saturday, April 5,
2014, 11am-4pm)
-- GSLIS tour - Emily (Saturday, April 5, 2014 - 1:00)
-- MU table @ Champaign Public Library's 2014 Home School Fair (Saturday,
April 19, 10am-noon)
-- LED workshop @ Dr. Howard Elementary (Wed, April 23, noon)
-- AGORA Festival (May 2nd and 3rd)
-- Table at the Market (7am-noon) + Garage Sale (10am - 4pm) on May 10
-- MU participated in Panel on Makerspaces & Illinois Emerging Technologies
Report
-- PyCU's Women's IT and Computing Open House (Saturday, May 31, 1-4pm)
-- Martin Wolske's Community Informatics Studio class (June 19 @ 2pm)
-- Art @ the Market (July 12, 7am-noon)
-- Bloomington Children's Museum workshop (July 17 @ 3pm)
-- Outta mouths of babes workshop (July 26, 2-4pm)
-- Summer Make-a-tion 2014:
    1. Knitting
    2. Wands
    3. Tablet Case
    4. Cross Stitch
    5. Soldering I
    6. Soldering II
    7. 3D Printing I
    8. 3D Printing II
    9. Arduinos
    10. Beer/Mead brewing
-- Innovation Living-Learning Community workshop (Thurs, Aug 21, 3pm)
-- Pride Fest (Saturday, Sept. 6)
-- CUDO Plays launch party
-- Py-CU workshop hosted by Elizabeth at UofI
-- UIUC NSBE "When I grow up, I want to be an engineer" event (Thurs, Oct
2, 4-5:30pm)
-- MU hosts CIGG Workshop (Thurs, Oct. 9, 6-7:30pm)
-- DFA workshops I & II (Oct. 4 & 25, 1-3pm)
-- International Day of the Girl (Saturday, Oct. 11, 9am-noon)
-- 2014 Heartland Maker Fest (Saturday, Oct. 18, all day)
-- Urbana Free Library Zombie Prom (Friday, Oct. 24)
-- Sew-O-Ween 2014 (Oct. 22, 25, and 29)
-- SCA Glass & Fire Workshop (Sunday, Nov. 23)

*See you in the space!*
Emily, Gergana, Jeff, Beth, Monica, and Elizabeth
Makerspace Outreach Committee

c/o UCIMC
202 S. Broadway Ave.
Urbana, IL 61801