[Imc-makerspace] Loan request: Hot wire cutter?

jamesrh jamesrh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 18:44:17 UTC 2014

I was wondering if anyone had a hot wire or hot knife cutter that I could
barrow to use on some styrofoam?

Alternatively / in addition, dose anyone know of a good source for scrap
foam?  I'm trying to make some padded cases to transport equipment and
instruments (like what high-end camera or musical instrument cases use to
provide a fitted shape for their contents).  I priced out pick-and-pluck
closed cell poly foam sheets, and they are really expensive!

Thanks,
    James H.