[Imc-makerspace] Kathleen ("Mahomet"?) is Looking for Donated Computers

Stewart Dickson mathartspd at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 14:43:26 UTC 2014

Hi, Barry,

I got a kind of strange phone call out of the blue this morning From
Kathleen McGill (269)348-5795.
( Kalamazoo MI mobile number) <Kathleen_McGill at hotmail.com>  I kept
hearing "Mahomet", so I thought it
was the town she was talking about, but later I think it must be a person.

Apparently there is a guy named Mohammed, who is attempting to outfit an
artist's workspace,
possibly cooperative, called Studio 2C at 111 Walnut in Champaign,
downstairs.  He is looking for
someone to donate computers to Studio 2C for scanning and printing.

Kathleen said that Studio 2C is a 501(c)3 non-profit, so that donations
are tax deductable.
I don't know if you can or would want to help them out at all.  Do you
still have a contact at Parkland IT who periodically donates computers
to the Boy's & Girl's Club, etc?

I'm going to send her a follow-up, introductory e-mail, letting her know
what I know about refurbished computers
from the Makerspace on Craig's List.    I'll let you know if I find out
any more useful information.

  Thanks,

-Stewart