[Imc-makerspace] Maker Camp invited us back (now we need makers!)

Jeffrey Putney quaker at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 16:58:50 EDT 2014

Hey Everyone,

We've been invited back to the awesome Children's Discovery Museum in
Bloomington to do another half day workshop with their camp kids. If you
couldn't make it last year, check out this post
<http://makerspaceurbana.org/2013/07/25/makerspace-urbana-meets-a-childrens-maker-summer-camp/>,
it was super fun.

Now we just need volunteers for this year! No prior skills required, you
just need to like making things and helping kids.  Please list your
availability here if your interested: http://doodle.com/kecq4552tnw62kuq (keep
in mind the workshop would be 1-1/2 to 2 hours)

And here are more details:
What: Maker Camp
Who: 4th-6th graders (at-risk youth of diverse backgrounds from a local
community center)
When: July 14-18 (programming could start at noon or 3 and run 1-1/2 to 2
hours)
Where:  Children’s Discovery Museum in Normal
Why: Helping kids explore the joy of making things and being creative is
fun!

Thanks,
  Jeff

--