[Imc-makerspace] Summer Make-ation 2014 Planning

Monica Marie Carr monica.mcarr at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 15:44:10 EDT 2014

Hello all!

We are starting to plan our third annual *Summer Make-ation*, and *we need
people to sign up to teach workshops! *

The workshops would be every Saturday, either from 11a-1p or the second
shift from 3p-5p. There is usually two workshops every other Saturday for a
total of 8 workshops, and the potential dates range from 7/19-8/30. This
means we would have a total of 8 workshops.

Below is a list of potential workshop we are looking for people to lead. If
you have taught a workshop previously and are interested in running it
again this year, please let us know. If you have an idea for a workshop
that is not on the list that you would like to run, also let us know.
Basically, let us know!

*Potential dates, times and workshops are listed below (click here to sign
up directly for workshop & preferred time
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p-ubjl_DhcA1nYc51ilJJpEnXG-9CCSPyXNmUCJ7Ijo/edit#>):*

July 19, 11-2 or 3-5
August 2, 11-2 or 3-5
August 16, 11-2 or 3-5
August 30, 11-2 or 3-5

1. Soldering, Level I: Blinky Badges
2. Soldering, Level II: Soldering kits
3. Robotics w/ arduinos
4. DIY Brew your own beer
5. Pewter casting
6. Stencils/Block printing
7. Cross stitch w/ conductive thread
9. Home Router Hacking
10. Workshop w/ Living Letter Press
12. Knitting workshop, crocheting basics/yarn bombing or something similar
(potential with Close Knit/Yarn store?)
13. Workshop with Central Illinois Aerospace Rocket Club
15. Workshop with The Bike Project
16. 3D Printing + create your own design
17. Didgeridoo
18. AdaFruit LED clothing/Glowing Chuck Taylors
http://learn.adafruit.com/glowing-star-chucks/overview
19. Youth robotics (Recycled robots)
22. Jewelry making (Perhaps with soldering)

Thanks!

Best,
Monica