[Imc-makerspace] June Membership Meeting [June 29 Minutes]

Gergana Slavova gergana.s.slavova at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 19:47:32 EDT 2014

Attendees: Jeff, Stewart, Monica, Barry, Gergana, Dena

*) Opens
     -- Post a list of workshops on the website: no update
     -- Purchasing a step ladder: have one now, thanks Barry!
     -- Put a list of available equipment on the website
*) Membership/Financial Update
     -- Financial status and future plans
          $) No financial update from the IMC for this month; we should be
ok on money based on last month's statement
           $) Create a committee to work on expansion plans: on hold
          $) Need a subscription service on the website (e.g. Stripe)
               #) Jeff will work on this now that he has more time
          $) Increase of monthly dues: post on website, clarify open hrs
are free
               #) Changed in Square, updated on website as well
     -- Funding ideas
          $) Selling bike light cross-stitch kits on Etsy: no update
          $) Will also do a general ask of anyone who has ever visited the
space
          $) Py-CU workshop (on hold until August)
          $) Funding from Acorn Media for Help Desk: no update
          $) Awesome Foundation grant (for TUFL workshops?): no update
          $) 3D printing keychains for a $1: have a prototype of a squirrel
with a ring
          $) Maybe do a Raspberry pi workshop kit (plus keyboard, mouse,
HDMI cable) and have it available for rent
          $) Create signs for:
               #) 3D printer usage rules (including donation amounts) with
               #) Put up a "Did you enjoy the space?  Donate here" sign
next to the donation jar
               #) Listing of membership levels
               #) Better signs for snacks/soda
               #) Better signs for cleaning up
               #) No update, Monica will follow-up with Carleen
          $) Yahoo! grant: did not get the grant :(
 *) Help Desk
     -- Rebuilding 3 computers right now, deposited $140 today
*) RFID lock project
     -- Picking up work on this again, might pull in another person to help
 *) Py-CU: no rep
*) Past events:
     -- Martin Wolske's Community Informatics Studio class (June 19 @ 2pm)
          $) Spoke with Emily and Jeff on community outreach
*) Upcoming/potential events:
     -- Allied Media Conference (June 17-21): ElizaBeth representing MU
          $) Would be nice to get an update
     -- Art @ the Market (July 12, 7am-noon): need t-shirts!
     -- Bloomington Children's Museum workshop (July 17 @ 3pm)
          $) Need to have a planning meeting to buy supplies, organize
workshops
     -- Outta mouths of babes workshop (July 26, 2-4pm)
          $) Wants to do something music-oriented
     -- Summer Make-a-tion 2014
          $) Please sign up to lead the workshop on the spreadsheet
          $) Dena can put us in touch with Society of Creating Anachronism
(SEA) people that do glassworking, food, costumes, brewing
     -- 1st Annual Heartland Maker Fest (Saturday, Oct. 18)
          $) Contacting sponsors now
     -- MU hosting a Cadet Girl Scout troop (potential Saturday): no update
     -- Potential Orpheum workshops: no update
     -- Glass bead workshop (Dena)
          $) Will try this during summer make-a-tion, depending on lecturer
availability
     -- Google Glass workshop (Liz)
          $) No ideas on what to do with it
          $) Potentially advertise on the website?
     -- Saturday Open Hours rotation (11am - 1pm): sign up here
<http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050845ADAC23AA8-makerspace>!
     -- Another clean-up day: tentatively plan for end of June, right
before summer make-a-tion starts
          $) Tentatively plan for mid-July (July 12 or 13)

Let me know if I missed anything.

~Gergana