[Imc-makerspace] Fwd: Fab Labs Research from Argentine

MakerSpace Urbana makerspaceu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 13:15:10 EST 2014

Help with research.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Fernando Bordignon <fernando.bordignon at ba.unipe.edu.ar>
Date: Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 8:24 AM
Subject: Fab Labs Research from Argentine
To: Fernando Bordignon <fernando.bordignon at ba.unipe.edu.ar>

Dear Madam/Sir,

Mi name is Fernando Bordignon. I am an Argentine researcher, specialized in
education and digital technologies.

I would appreciate if I could have your opinion on some topics regarding
your experience in working with fabrication laboratories, maker spaces,
etc. I am currently researching "maker culture" around the world for my PhD
thesis in Education a the Universidad Nacional a Distancia de España (UNED).

The main theme of my research has to do with the following question: What
does it mean in today´s world to read and write within a society enhanced
by digital technologies? My aim is to make a contribution that could help
citizens in their interaction with this society, generating awareness and
providing practical and theoretical knowledge, promoting critical thinking,
reflection and creativity.
Given your expertise in digital fabrication and creative processes, I would
really appreciate your feedback on the following matters:

Do you consider that people will tend to adopt digital fabrication systems?
In such case, would it be just a trend or could it become a regular
practice in the nearby future?

What would change if digital fabrication culture was to be massively
adopted by normal folk?

Should it be promoted in schooling? In such case; why? How could it be done?

Should maker culture be promoted by public policies? In such case; why? How?

Thank you very much for your time!

Warmest regards,

Fernando Bordignon