[Imc-makerspace] November Membership Meeting [Sunday, Nov 30 @ 6pm]

elizaBeth Simpson elizacorps at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 19:00:05 EST 2014

Hi Folks,

I thought I would be able to come, but I am so not done with work. Boo!

But, here are a few things from the expansion committee that people can
sign up to do. Most are VERY simple, even fun, and yet effective!

A major question I had was: who said they would look into CiviCRM? We need
a constituent management system ASAP.

   - take a couple biz cards and give them out when the topic arises
   - work on space signage [welcome table and sign in book (w Monica),
   invite donations]
   - write a letter to the editor about MSU
   - Make a PSA aboue MSU (written or recorded) for local radio
   - make a PPT promo slide for UPTV
   - Post us on community calendars (regularly) incl. smile politely,
   chambana moms,
   - Make press connections and engagement: announce the anniversary with a
   press release!
   - Newsletter
   - formalize the Donation system
   - Branded signature file on MSU emails
   - Check for our web presence and add us to things like yelp, yahoo, etc
   - Social media: populate twitter/blog/fb
   - Add to "Makerspace U Fundraising Mania" groups with similar interests!
   - Populate contact list (add 20 names of people you think might be
   interested in knowing about makerspace)

Be well,

elizaBeth

217-979-2820 cell

The bad news is you're falling through the air, nothing to hang on to, no
parachute. The good news is, there's no ground. - Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche

learn about my latest creative initiative:
Art from the Streets!
www.ucpeopleshistory.org