[Imc-makerspace] October Membership Meeting [Sunday, Oct 26 @ 6pm]

Gergana Slavova gergana.s.slavova at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 11:16:18 EDT 2014

Hope you can join us for our monthly membership meeting.  Mostly, we'll be
talking about how awesome Maker Fest was.  We'll be meeting this Sunday
(Oct. 26) at the space at 6pm.

Here's a quick agenda:

*) Opens
     -- Post a list of workshops on the website
*) Membership/Financial Update
     -- Financial status and future plans
          $) Create a committee to work on expansion plans [on hold
post-Maker Fest]
     -- Funding ideas
          $) Selling bike light cross-stitch kits on Etsy
          $) Will also do a general ask of anyone who has ever visited the
space
          $) Awesome Foundation grant (for TUFL workshops?)
          $) 3D printing keychains for a $1: have a prototype of a squirrel
with a ring or a gyroscope
          $) Maybe do a Raspberry pi workshop kit (plus keyboard, mouse,
HDMI cable) and have it available for rent
          $) Create signs for:
               #) 3D printer usage rules (including donation amounts) with
               #) Put up a "Did you enjoy the space?  Donate here" sign
next to the donation jar
               #) Listing of membership levels
               #) Better signs for snacks/soda
          $) Request to partner with Info City CU
<http://infocitycu.net/about/>
     -- New equipment
          $) Acquired: We got a new serger!
          $) Wanted: extra folding card table
*) Help Desk
*) RFID lock project
*) Py-CU
*) Chambana.net transition
*) Past events:
     -- Bethany from Bloomington Children's Discovery Museum will be
meeting with MU and FabLab to talk about their new Makerspace
     -- UIUC NSBE "When I grow up, I want to be an engineer" event (Thurs,
Oct 2, 4-5:30pm)
     -- MU hosts CIGG Workshop (Thurs, Oct. 9, 6-7:30pm)
     -- Clean-up day (Oct. 3, 7-9pm)
     -- DFA workshop I & II (Oct. 4 & 25, 1-3pm)
     -- International Day of the Girl (Saturday, Oct. 11, 9am-noon)
     -- 2014 Heartland Maker Fest (Saturday, Oct. 18, all day)
     -- Urbana Free Library Zombie Prom (Friday, Oct. 24)
*) Upcoming/potential events:
     -- Sew-O-Ween 2014 (Oct. 22, 25, and 29)
     -- Community Arts Forum panel (Saturday, Nov. 8, 8am-1pm)
     -- Google Glass workshop (Liz)
     -- Saturday Open Hours rotation (11am - 1pm): sign up here
<http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050845ADAC23AA8-makerspace>!
     -- DFA workshop III & IV (November + Dec. 6, 1-3pm)
     -- ISU Family Science Day (Sat, April 11 '15, noon-5pm)
*) Other things of interest:
     -- China Hacker Trip w/ Mitch Altman (Jeff will be going)

If I forgot something, bring it with you to the meeting.  See you Sunday!

~Gergana