[Imc-makerspace] Beta to the Max

David Noreen davidnoreen at ymail.com
Thu Oct 23 14:41:55 EDT 2014

Here's another suggestion for now and for future needs:

Freecycle is an interesting possibility for a Betamax VCR and for other things like this.  If you're not already on the list, you can join by going here:

Once you're on the list, all you need to do is send out an email to the freecycle email address that they give you when you join, and phrase it something like this:

Subject: ISO a Betamax VCR

In the body of the email, you'd just write that if someone has a Betamax VCR they no longer have a use for and would like to give it away, then please email you to arrange for a time and place for you to stop by and pick it up.

You might think this wouldn't work, but one member of Freecycle got a free LaserDisc player this way a while ago...

P.S.  If somebody with the time to do this does so, could they donate it to the IMC after they finish making the video transfers, if there's room for it somewhere?  Or, if not to the IMC, could they maybe donate it to a place where there are editing / video transfer stations available to the public?  Thanks!