[Imc-makerspace] Makerspace Urbana has made it possible!

MakerSpace Urbana makerspaceu at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 13:36:10 EDT 2014

​​
"It may sound weird, but I am so excited that it's easier to give
Makerspace Urbana money. Whether I go or not, I'm so glad they exist... I
want to make sure they stick around!"

- elizaBeth Simpson, Organizational Consultant

*Makerspace Urbana is proud to announce that we now accept donations online
<https://makerspaceurbana.org/donate/> as well as in the space!*

If you are excited to make a* one-time donation* or *become a sustaining
contributor* and help grow our creative public space, community outreach
efforts, or public events like our *Heartland Maker Fest
<http://heartlandmakerfest.org> *head to makerspaceurbana.org/donate now!

3-D printing, knitting, soldering, pewter-casting, sewing, programming,
whatever you want to make... come join us! We're always looking for new
members or people who want to make use of our space for their creative
projects.

And while sizes/supplies last we'll send you a free 2014 Heartland Maker
Fest t-shirt for donations of $25 or more. Just visit our Heartland Maker
Fest t-shirt order form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jQTQ6pLgECaWtMKCCABWXmiAdXt2jQfINuy7O6FWHK0/viewform>
.

"Being a member of Makerspace Urbana has given me the skills to make and
fix all sorts of things.  Before joining the Makerspace I had never
soldered but now I help lead soldering workshops. I want to make sure that
Makerspace Urbana continues to help people learn new skills long into the
future."

- Emily Knox, Assistant Professor of Library and Information Science

*What is Makerspace Urbana? *makerspaceurbana.org/about-mu

*Interested in becoming a keyholding member?*
makerspaceurbana.org/about-mu/membership/

*Open Hours:*
Tuesdays and Wednesdays: 7-9pm
Saturdays 11am-1pm
Where: Lower level of the Independent Media Center, 202 S. Broadway, Urbana
(enter through the south door)

​​
Learn more about our group and our events:
Website: MakerspaceUrbana.org <http://makerspaceurbana.org>
Twitter: @MakerspaceU <https://twitter.com/makerspaceu>
Facebook: Makerspace Urbana Group
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/MakerspaceUrbana/>