[Imc-makerspace] July Membership Meeting [July 26 Minutes]

Gergana Slavova gergana.s.slavova at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 19:50:50 EDT 2015

Thanks to everyone for coming today!

Attendees: Emily, Dan, Steve, Star, Gergana, Jeff, Danielle, Monica

Agenda:

   - Opens
      - Post instructubles for workshops on the website
         - Create instructional video for using our equipment
         - *Emily* to create the google doc so we can start collective
         videos
         - Heartland Maker Fest 2014 t-shirts available for sale ($12)
         - Will mark the shirts down when the new ones are out
         - Regular website posts
         - Consider moving the blog to a subpage
         - *Jeff *to make a new post to say our call for makers is out
         - *Jeff and Star* will also look at creating a new home page
         - Membership/Financial Update
      - Financial status and future plans
         - We have over $12K in the bank today
         - Reimbursement: please complete this form
      <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FTaKXZsDSCjiR2nCuH1frZYzzz29mjH0XC8HuT6K8HI/viewform>
+
      the IMC form to get reimbursed
      - Funding ideas
      - Grants
            - Community Champions
            <http://www.constellation.com/community/pages/community-champions.aspx>:
            looking to apply in Sept
            - Collab with Bike Project: 3D printing bike parts
               - Drop for now, no update
               - Open Champaign collaboration
               - *Jeff *will follow-up with more info
               - Equipment
         - Acquired: magnets
         - Needed: MU table cloth
         - Create signs for:
         - 3D printer usage rules (first draft
            <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1FFyo6v_aj-UWNacFY4OENJZGc/view?usp=sharing>
by
            Emily) [DONE - tiny URLs available, *Emily *will also print
            them out]
            - Put up a "Did you enjoy the space?  Donate here" sign next to
            the donation jar
            - Listing of membership levels [new draft available, *Emily *will
            print]
            - Better signs for snacks/soda [DONE, *Emily* will print]
            - Rules for using/checking out the raspberry pi kits
            - Business cards [DONE - got new cards]
            - Help Desk - no update
   - RFID lock project - almost ready to go
   - Py-CU - no update
   - Chambana.net - moving slowly
      - *Jeff *to send an email to IMC-Tech and IMC board about the
      internet not working
      - Past events
      - Game Night (Fri, Jul 10) - well attended, will decide on a regular
      time
      - Dena's birthday party (Sat, Jul 11)
      - Summer Make-a-tion 2015
         - Soldering II (Sat, Jul 18)
      - TUFL Cosplay Costume Workshop (July 14th-23rd, Tuesdays,
      Wednesdays, Thursdays 3:00 - 5:00pm)
         - No one attended
         - Upcoming/potential events
      - Summer Make-a-tion 2015 - *sign up
      <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y3QxppFEdn6Kflry77qRLghg1UHkKBA2hVOioGAfg5k/edit?usp=sharing>
      lead a workshop!*
         - Arduino (Sat, Aug 1)
         - Jewelry making workshop (Sat, Aug 8)
         - Might also do glass and brewing workshops later in August
      - GirlZone workshop (Sunday, Aug. 2 @ 9:15am)
      - Innovation LLC freshman orientation workshop (Thurs, Aug. 20,
      1:30pm)
      - Innovation LLC workshop (Friday, Sept 11, 4:30pm)
      - CU Pride Fest (Saturday, Sept. 19)
         - *Monica *will fill out the form for MU
         - Heartland Maker Fest 2015 (Sat, Oct. 3) - planning is ongoing
      now; if you want to participate, email contact at heartlandmakerfest.org
      - IMC anniversary event (Oct. 11) - can have extended open hours and
      do a workshop
      - Game Night regular date - a sub committee will decide on the best
      date
      - Python Programming Contest
      - Saturday Open Hours rotation (11am - 1pm): sign up here
      <http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050845adac23aa8-makerspace1> through
      August 2015!
         - If you're signed up, don't forget to also create the Facebook
         event

If there's anything I missed, just respond.

~Gergana