[Imc-makerspace] June Membership Meeting [June 28 Minutes]

Gergana Slavova gergana.s.slavova at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 19:44:45 EDT 2015

Attendees: Jeff, Dena, Amy, Andy, Gergana

Agenda:

   - Opens
      - Post instructubles for workshops on the website
         - Create instructional video for using our equipment (e.g.
         embroidery machine)
      - Heartland Maker Fest 2014 t-shirts available for sale ($12)
      - IMC Board Meeting (Jun 23) - no one attended
      - Regular website posts
      - Membership/Financial Update
      - New member approvals: Kai, Rei, and Isaac; also Amy + Andy!
         - Approved!
         - Financial status and future plans
         - No report from the IMC yet, should be ok for now
         - Reimbursement: please complete this form
      <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FTaKXZsDSCjiR2nCuH1frZYzzz29mjH0XC8HuT6K8HI/viewform>
+
      the IMC form to get reimbursed
      - Funding ideas
      - Grants
            - Community Champions
            <http://www.constellation.com/community/pages/community-champions.aspx>:
            looking to apply in May or Sept
            - Collab with Bike Project: 3D printing bike parts
            - Equipment
         - Acquired: 6' folding table
         - Needed: MU table cloth, sticker magnets (Emily to order)
            - Working on tablecloth, will resume in August
            - Power-free circuit demo from Sparkfun
         <https://learn.sparkfun.com/resources/70>: just need copper tape
         - Create signs for:
         - 3D printer usage rules (first draft
            <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1FFyo6v_aj-UWNacFY4OENJZGc/view?usp=sharing>
by
            Emily)
            - Put up a "Did you enjoy the space?  Donate here" sign next to
            the donation jar
            - Listing of membership levels
            - Better signs for snacks/soda
            - Rules for using/checking out the raspberry pi kits
            - Business cards
         - Help Desk
      - No update
      - RFID lock project
      - Still working out software kinks
      - Py-CU
      - No update
      - Chambana.net
      - No update
      - Past events
      - Sewing Night (Mon, Jun 15)
      - Summer Make-a-tion 2015
         - Soldering I (Sat, Jun 13) - had about 9 people show up
         - 3D printing (Sat, Jun 20) - we had a father/son come and make
         bunnies
         - Upcoming/potential events
      - Dena will be hosting her birthday party/sewing day @ the space
      (July 11 or 12)
      - Summer Make-a-tion 2015 - *sign up
      <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y3QxppFEdn6Kflry77qRLghg1UHkKBA2hVOioGAfg5k/edit?usp=sharing>
      lead a workshop!*
         - Coming up: Soldering II, Arduino
         - Might also do glass and brewing workshops later in August
         - Jewelry making workshop (Sat, Aug 8) with Melissa Voss
         - Python Programming Contest
      - TUFL Cosplay Costume Workshop (July 14th-23rd, Tuesdays,
      Wednesdays, Thursdays 3:00 - 5:00pm)
         - Need people who can help with sewing, *Jeff will send out an
         email to ask for volunteers*
         - Innovation LLC freshman orientation workshop (Thurs, Aug. 20,
      1:30pm)
         - *Jeff will email Jennifer with a 'yes' from MU*
         - Innovation LLC workshop (Friday, Sept ??, 4:30pm)
      - Game Night: will happen ad-hoc when people can make it
      - Heartland Maker Fest 2015 (Sat, Oct. 3)
         - Next planning meeting is this week, we'd love for you to join us
         - IMC anniversary event (Oct. 11)
         - Jeff is our contact, no update yet
         - Potential workshop with Peter Folk (on using multimeters,
      oscilloscopes, and the wixel)
         - No update, will drop
         - Saturday Open Hours rotation (11am - 1pm): sign up here
      <http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050845adac23aa8-makerspace1> through
      August 2015!
         - If you're signed up, don't forget to also create the Facebook
         event

Let me know if I missed anything.  See you next time @ the space!

~Gergana