[Imc-makerspace] May Membership Meeting [Minutes]

Emily Knox emilyknox at gmail.com
Sun May 31 21:06:27 EDT 2015

Attendees: Emily, Jeff, Barry, Stewart

Minutes:

*) Opens
     -- Post instructubles for workshops on the website
          $) Create instructional video for using our equipment (e.g.
embroidery machine)
     -- Heartland Maker Fest 2014 t-shirts available for sale ($12)
     -- Sparkfun reseller account - Jeff got one
     -- IMC Board Meeting (May 19) - did anyone attend? No one attended
     -- Regular website posts
*) Membership/Financial Update
     -- Financial status and future plans
          $) MU to sponsor the IMC fundraiser to attend the 2015 Allied
Media Conference - $150 which sponsors two people
     --Keep an eye out for other places to donate
     --WRFU is thinking about livestreaming again - may need some support
     -- Reimbursement: please complete this form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FTaKXZsDSCjiR2nCuH1frZYzzz29mjH0XC8HuT6K8HI/viewform>
+
the IMC form to get reimbursed
     -- Funding ideas
          $) Grants
              #) Community Champions
<http://www.constellation.com/community/pages/community-champions.aspx>:
looking to apply in May or Sept
              #) Collab with Bike Project: 3D printing bike parts
     -- Equipment
          $) Acquired: New coffee maker, MU tablecloth - some work done,
lock for new 3D printer - locking bracket installed, button supplies -
purchased, clamps - Barry got two, 2D printer ink - Jeff ordered some, new
mat for the vinyl cutter
          $) Power-free circuit demo from Sparkfun
<https://learn.sparkfun.com/resources/70>: just need copper tape - *Emily
will purchase*
          $) Create signs for:
              #) 3D printer usage rules (first draft
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1FFyo6v_aj-UWNacFY4OENJZGc/view?usp=sharing>
by
Emily here) - info on "sudo cura" needs to be added or this needs to be
fixed
Emily is working on the following signs with Jeff H.
              #) Put up a "Did you enjoy the space?  Donate here" sign next
to the donation jar
              #) Listing of membership levels
              #) Better signs for snacks/soda
              #) Rules for using/checking out the raspberry pi kits
              #) Business cards
*--Emily will order sticker magnets*
*) Help Desk
 --new equipment donated from Carle hospital
*) RFID lock project
-needs a new power supply, has new router, almost done
*) Py-CU
*) Chambana.net
-Chris and Josh are in touch with John R. re moving forward
*) Past events
     -- MU @ the Urbana Market (Saturday, May 2, 8am-noon)
     -- Clean-up Day (Saturday, May 2, 1-3pm)
     -- Dr. Chuck @ Py-CU hack night (Tuesday, May 12, 7-9pm)
*) Upcoming/potential events
     -- Summer Make-a-tion 2015 - *sign up
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y3QxppFEdn6Kflry77qRLghg1UHkKBA2hVOioGAfg5k/edit?usp=sharing>
lead a workshop! We start on JUNE 6th*
     -- Python Programming Contest
     -- TUFL Cosplay Costume Workshop (July 14th -23rd, Tuesdays,
Wednesdays, Thursdays 3:00 - 5:00pm) - Need volunteers!  Primarily sewers.
- Jeff will                post to Shared Threads and email our group again
     -- Heartland Maker Fest 2015 (Sat, Oct. 3) - Meeting June 11th, 6:30
at Aroma - everyone is welcome!
     -- IMC anniversary event (Oct. 11)
     -- Potential workshop with Peter Folk (on using multimeters,
oscilloscopes, and the wixel) - Make part of summer Make-a-Tion? - Barry
will talk to Peter
     -- Saturday Open Hours rotation (11am - 1pm): sign up here
<http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050845adac23aa8-urbana> through August
2015! - Emily will update form
          $) If you're signed up, don't forget to also create the Facebook
event
     -- IMC seeks Program Director (apply
<http://chambana.craigslist.org/npo/5034715582.html> by June 3)
--Game night?