[Imc-makerspace] IMC Anniversary Starting at 9am: Skill shares, Discussions, Tours, Performances

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Sat Oct 10 09:36:21 EDT 2015

Last night's performance was deep with performances, poetry and song as a
living newspaper. Come on out for Day 2 of the IMC's 15th Anniversary
<http://www.smilepolitely.com/culture/come_celebrate_15_years_of_independent_media_in_urbana/#sthash.Gc2pWPyi.dpuf>
starting
at 9am with awesome skillshares.

*9am - 11:30 am - Workshops and Skillshares*

- Learn how to stream radio over the Internet by Chris Ritzo (who came all
the way from from DC to teach us!)

- Documenting IMC History by Jimi Lee Jones (pro archivist) and Travis
Houcutt (artist in residence). Learn more about IMC history and archival
practices as we gather and scan materials for the IMC archive.

- The future of Zines and the IMC Zine Library (by Ian Traniello and Bella
Irvine - library student)

- Green our space! We have 12 new planters and lots of plants in front of
our amazing new mural-in-progress by Maya Bauer. Come help turn the parking
lot into beautiful green space.

*11:30- 1pm - What is needed now from a Community Media & Arts Center in CU*

facilitated by Cope Cumpston with speakers: Latrelle Bright, IMC Program
Director, Dr. William Patterson professor and founder of Hip Hop Xpress,
Coco Harmon student and spoken word poet, Emily Denis, and Violet Harris.

*1-3 p.m. IMC Open House*
working groups will be on hand for a full open house - learn the latest
from Makerspace, WRFU, Books to Prisoners, the public i newspaper,

*3-5 p.m. Future of the IMC & Independent Media.*
hear from founding members Danielle Chynoweth and Sascha Meinrath, both
deeply involved in media policy issues on the national and international
frontiers.

*6:30 on - Wine and Cheese and Performance (fundraiser 10-30)*
Then get ready to party, with a sliding scale entry fee for a wine and
cheese mixer at 6:30 p.m. and Spoken Word performance at 7:30 p.m. by
Exposed.

*SUNDAY 10am - Launching the Next 15 years of the IMC*
Sunday morning beginning at 10 am, you can brainstorm with the best over
breakfast.

- See more at:
http://www.smilepolitely.com/culture/come_celebrate_15_years_of_independent_media_in_urbana/#sthash.Gc2pWPyi.dpuf

- The entire day will be audio streamed here:
http://www.ucimc.org/imc15years/stream

Danielle