[Imc-makerspace] Can someone tutor me on SQL?

Colten Jackson jazzyjackson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 21:53:02 EDT 2016

Thanks Mike.

I run into this,

mysql_exceptions.OperationalError: (1045, "Access denied for user
'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)")

when trying to run the restore command on a platform called ERPNext, which
is a node server using mariadb on a lubuntu machine.

I feel like its something fairly basic, I think I just need to delete
whatever is there and start from scratch, but I don't really understand
how/where a database lives on a system, so I tried apt-get purge mariadb
and reinstalling it, but I got the same error when I tried to log into a
sql via terminal, as if the passwords/config file stuck around. What do you
think?

On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 6:09 PM Mike Bohlmann <iammikeb at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you want to email me your errors off-list, I'll take a look. If it's
> simple, I'll do it no-charge. If it's not simple, we'll see what the issue
> is and go from there.
>
> Mike
> On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 5:32 PM Colten Jackson <jazzyjackson at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> If anyone on this list feels like restoring SQL databases from a backup
>> isn't a big deal, can I hire you as a tutor for a couple hours? To help me
>> fix a problem and learn how to fix it myself next time.
>>
>> I volunteered to set up a server at fab lab to host our point of sale
>> system. It was working great until I deleted some files I shouldn't have,
>> so I'm trying to restore from a backup I made. I'm running into a wall
>> trying to restore it, keep getting errors that say I don't have permission.
>>
>> Anytime in the next week would be grand, we can negotiate a rate :)

> --
Colten Jackson
Machine & Design Assistant
Champaign Urbana Community Fab Lab