[Imc-makerspace] April Membership Meeting [April 24 Minutes]

Gergana Slavova gergana.s.slavova at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 20:08:01 EDT 2016

Attendees: Emily, Colten, Andy, Amy, Gergana, Mike B., Barry, Jeff, Kayla

Agenda:

   - Opens
      - IMC is working on a new website - a spot has already been allocated
      for Makerspace, should look into it
         - *Barry *to send out an email with more details
      - Heartland Maker Fest 2015 t-shirts for sale!
      - We're making a BB droid!  Join us on Saturdays @ 1pm.
   - Membership/Financial Update
      - New member nominations: None
      - Financial status and future plans
         - We have $11,684.32 in the bank!  Those numbers should be
         accurate.
         - Should create a list of all monthly sustainers and keymembers (
         *Jeff* to complete)
         - We will use this for the Pi Day give-away
         - Funding requests: None this month
      - Reimbursement: please complete this form
      <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FTaKXZsDSCjiR2nCuH1frZYzzz29mjH0XC8HuT6K8HI/viewform>
       + the IMC form to get reimbursed
      - Funding ideas
         - Grants
            - Mike will start a spreadsheet to track grants and agencies
            where we can apply [DONE]
               - Spreadsheet is in the "Projects" folder called "Grant
               Opportunities
               <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SV0oSClPmB8C8Kowxr37qnVkesEZGhe3X1AMlM7HUMM/edit>",
               please add to it
            - Should start up the funding committee again - after June
         - Equipment
         - Acquired: Neon pink PLA spool
         - Requested:
            - 10 padded folding chairs: approved for $250
            - "Artist" poster: approved for $15
            - MU table cloth (in progress)
            - Makerspace tshirts (Emily will talk to Jeff H. on designs;
            will take orders) [DONE]
               - We have decided on design #3, *Emily *will check with
               Weiskamp on pricing
            - Signs to make:
            - Updated Help Desk sign w/ hours
         - Help Desk: kinda slow
   - RFID lock project: no update
   - Py-CU: no update
   - Chambana.net: no update
   - Past events
      - Makerspace Game Night! (Sat, Apr 2 @ 7-10pm)
      - CU Make with UIUC Makers (Apr 2-3)
      - Boneyard Art Fest - we're a venue! (Sat, Apr. 9 - all day) - we had
      about 20 new people stop by
      - Sewing Night (Mon, Apr 18 @ 6-9pm)
      - Purdue Electronic Waste Event (Thurs, Apr. 21)
      - Makerspace co-sponsoring "Methods for Designing more Inclusive
      Design" speaker series (April 22)
   - Upcoming/potential events
      - Mead/brewing workshop: need to pick a date (*Emily *to ping Dena on
      date)
      - Fidget quilts
      <http://www.free-alzheimers-support.com/wordpress/alzheimers-fidget-quilts-for-sale-online/>
community
      project - would like to do a workshop (target June)
      - Tentative for June 20 during Sewing Night as part of National Week
         of Making
      - National Week of Making (June 17-23) - extended open hours on Sat,
      Wed with a workshop
      - Wand-making workshop w/ Orpheum (Gergana to email the Orpheum
      again) - drop this for now
      - Makerspace at the Art @ the Market (Aug 13)
      - Summer camp for girls with the Orpheum (Summer '16)
      - 7th Annual CU Pride Fest (Sat, Sept 10 @ noon) - Makerspace to sign
      up again once available
      - Heartland Maker Fest 2016 (Saturday, Oct. 1) - looking for money
      sponsors today!
      - Saturday Open Hours rotation (11am - 1pm): sign up here
      <http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050845adac23aa8-saturday2> through
      Aug 2016!
         - Emily to create the next series [DONE]
      - Bicycle counter project @ UIUC - any interest? (Gergana to post on
      Facebook, Emily to respond to email) [DONE]
      - Archeology Exhibit @ the Orpheum collaboration: will post on
      Facebook
   - Other things of interest
      - Interview for Electric Waste Orchestra? - Colten to respond
      - ICTM State Math Finals <http://www.math.uiuc.edu/ictm/> (May 7) -
      spots available now if you want to volunteer
      - Champaign County Recycling Event (May 21) - only place to take CRTs
         - Barry will be making a Makerspace recycling run as well (to take
         everything that's by the door)

If I missed anything, just respond.

~Gergana