[Imc-makerspace] (Belated) May Membership Meeting [Sunday, Jun 5 @ 6pm]

Gergana Slavova gergana.s.slavova at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 01:54:50 UTC 2016

A week late but our membership meeting is still on!  I hope to see everyone
this Sunday @ 6pm.  Here's a quick agenda of what we'll be talking about:

Agenda:

   - Opens
      - IMC is working on a new website - a spot has already been allocated
      for Makerspace, should look into it
         - *Barry *to send out an email with more details
      - Heartland Maker Fest 2015 t-shirts for sale!
      - We're making a BB droid!  Join us on Saturdays @ 1pm.
   - Membership/Financial Update
      - New member nominations: None
      - Financial status and future plans
         - Should create a list of all monthly sustainers and keymembers (
         *Jeff* to complete)
         - We will use this for the Pi Day give-away
         - Funding requests: None this month
      - Reimbursement: please complete this form
      <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FTaKXZsDSCjiR2nCuH1frZYzzz29mjH0XC8HuT6K8HI/viewform>
       + the IMC form to get reimbursed
      - Funding ideas
         - Grants
            - Grants spreadsheet is in the "Projects" folder called "Grant
            Opportunities
            <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SV0oSClPmB8C8Kowxr37qnVkesEZGhe3X1AMlM7HUMM/edit>",
            please add to it
            - Should start up the funding committee again - after June
         - Equipment
         - Acquired: None
         - Requested:
            - MU table cloth (in progress)
            - Makerspace tshirts: designs and pricing available
            - Business card stickers
         - Signs to make:
            - Updated Help Desk sign w/ hours
         - Help Desk
   - RFID lock project
   - Py-CU
   - Chambana.net
      - UC-IMC lists are moving to Google groups
   - Past events
      - Nothing except Open Hours :(
   - Upcoming/potential events
      - Fidget quilts
      <http://www.free-alzheimers-support.com/wordpress/alzheimers-fidget-quilts-for-sale-online/>
community
      project - would like to do a workshop (target June)
      - June 20 during Sewing Night as part of National Week of Making
      - National Week of Making (June 17-23) - extended open hours on Sat,
      Wed with a workshop
      - Makerspace at the Art @ the Market (Aug 13)
      - Mead/brewing workshop: need to pick a date (*Emily *to ping Dena on
      date)
      - GEMS compute camp (Summer '16)
      - Summer camp for girls with the Orpheum (Summer '16)
      - 7th Annual CU Pride Fest (Sat, Sept 10 @ noon) - Makerspace to sign
      up again once available
      - Heartland Maker Fest 2016 (Saturday, Oct. 1) - looking for money
      sponsors today!
      - Saturday Open Hours rotation (11am - 1pm): sign up here
      <http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050845adac23aa8-saturday2> through
      Aug 2016!
   - Other things of interest
      - None

Don't know how to get to the space?  Check our website
<http://www.makerspaceurbana.org/> for directions.

See you on Sunday!

~Gergana