[Imc-makerspace] March Membership Meeting [March 28]

Gergana Slavova gergana.s.slavova at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 00:36:14 EDT 2016

Attendees: Andy, Amy, Mike B., Jeff, Gergana, Mary, Emily, Monica

Agenda:

   - Opens
      - Heartland Maker Fest 2015 t-shirts for sale!
      - We're making a BB droid!  Join us on Saturdays @ 1pm.
      - We're creating a list of how-tos for the space; Mike to start "how
      to run a workshop" [DONE]
   - Membership/Financial Update
      - New member nominations: None
      - Financial status and future plans
         - We were not getting our Stripe deposits allocated to our
         account; waiting on IMC bookkeeper to fix it
         - Should gear up our fundraising again
         - Jeff will start pulling Stripe and Square reports monthly, would
         like to see what our avg monthly income is for the next 6 months [DONE]
         - Now have a monthly report where all of our Stripe+Square
            deposits are tracked outside of the IMC reports
            - Should create a list of all monthly sustainers and keymembers
         (*Jeff* to complete)
         - We will use this for the Pi Day give-away
         - Funding requests
         - Request to sponsor 1 member to attend Allied Media Conference
         <https://www.alliedmedia.org/amc> for $400: APPROVED!
      - Reimbursement: please complete this form
      <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FTaKXZsDSCjiR2nCuH1frZYzzz29mjH0XC8HuT6K8HI/viewform>
       + the IMC form to get reimbursed
      - Funding ideas
         - Grants
            - *Mike* will start the spreadsheet to track grants and
            agencies where we can apply
         - Equipment
         - Acquired: New sewing machine (works!), button supplies, colored
         pencils
         - Needed: MU table cloth (in progress), Makerspace tshirts (*Emily
         *will talk to Jeff H. on designs; will take orders)
         - Create signs for:
            - "did you enjoy the space" + "sign the guestbook" signs [DONE]
            - Rules for using/checking out the raspberry pi kits
               - Need to make a sign + update the website [DONE, John has
               created the Raspberry Pi MU website
               <http://pi.makerspaceurbana.org/> (thanks, John!)]
            - Help Desk: no update
   - RFID lock project: no update
   - Py-CU: no update
   - Chambana.net: no update
   - Past events
   - Arduino workshop w/ Mitch Altman (Sunday, Mar. 6 @ 1pm)
      - Pi Day @ Makerspace U (Monday, Mar. 14 @ 6-9pm)
      - Sewing Night! (Monday, Mar. 21 @ 6-9pm) - tablecloth is progressing
      - Thank you for making our RACES fundraiser a success!
         - Still a chance to DONATE
         <https://www.crowdrise.com/makerspaceconsent/> until end of month!
         - *Amy *will post about fundraiser on the website
      - Upcoming/potential events
      - Makerspace Game Night! (Sat, Apr 2 @ 7-10pm)
      - CU Make with UIUC Makers (Apr 2-3)
      - Decatur Mini Maker Faire (Sat, Apr 9) - cannot make it since
      Boneyard is that weekend
      - Boneyard Art Fest - we're a venue! (Sat, Apr. 9 - all day)
      - Purdue Electronic Waste Event (Thurs, Apr. 21) - Colten is
      attending, anyone else?
      - Mead/brewing workshop: need to pick a date (*Emily *to ping Dena)
      - Fidget quilts
      <http://www.free-alzheimers-support.com/wordpress/alzheimers-fidget-quilts-for-sale-online/>
community
      project - would like to do a workshop (target June)
      - Makerspace co-sponsoring "Methods for Designing more Inclusive
      Design
      <http://www.lis.illinois.edu/articles/2016/03/balsamo-deliver-april-22-inaugural-lecture-design-dialogues-speakers-series>"
      speaker series (April 22)
      - Wand-making workshop w/ Orpheum (*Gergana *to email the Orpheum
      again)
      - Makerspace at the Art @ the Market (Aug 13)
      - Summer camp for girls with the Orpheum (Summer '16)
      - Heartland Maker Fest 2016 (Saturday, Oct. 1)
      - Saturday Open Hours rotation (11am - 1pm): sign up here
      <http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050845adac23aa8-saturday2> through
      May 2016!
         - *Emily *to create the next series
      - Bicycle counter project @ UIUC - any interest? (*Gergana *to post
      on Facebook, *Emily *to respond to email)
      - Other things of interest
      - MakerGirl Kickstarter
      <https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1501163298/makergirl-goes-mobile-introducing-stem-through-3-d?token=1c5b1502>
      !
      - Allied Media Conference, June 16-19, Detroit, MI

If I missed anything, just respond to the email.

~Gergana