[Imc-members] Music, Video, Performance.... IMC FEST!

Katy Vizdal katyvizdal at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 19:10:30 CDT 2010

 Click to view this email in a
browser<http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/576870/28e51d3077/TEST/TEST/>
    [image: carly.JPG]
      *202 S. Broadway
Urbana, IL 61801
(The old Post Office Building)

phone: (217) 344-8820
web:**http://www.ucimc.org/<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?UCIndependentMediaCe/28e51d3077/TEST/d390b302ef>
*
------------------------------
 **
* WRFU Special Broadcast*
 [image: WRFU Bear.jpg]

Tune in to WRFU (104.5 FM) all day Saturday to hear about all the
festivities going on at the IMC!  From 7:30 am to midnight, Radio Free
Urbana will bring you the latest on:

 * Pages for Pennies *
* Skillshares *
*Really Really Free Market*
* 2010 IMC Fest

 Catch up on the latest at WRFU, including info on our newest shows, recent
strides towards raising the tower, and other station improvements.  Or maybe
you want to learn about how to help out at the station?  It's a cinch.  Stop
on by from 7:30am to midnight to meet some airshifters and learn a thing or
two about community radio!
   ------------------------------
  *The Really Really Free Market
*No money-No barter-No trade
[image: Free Market.jpg]

 *Everything is free
 11am – 3pm

The Really Really Free Market is a festival where no money is exchanged, no
bartering or trading takes place. Everything is free. The community is
invited to bring under-used items (like that skateboard in your attic or
sewing kit you never use) and skills and services (think: free back-rubs and
bike tune-ups) and give them away. Everyone is welcome to a party where
there's no distinction between those that have and those in need. And of
course, the event is really really free.

For more info, contact: rrfm-champaign-urbana at googlegroups.com
Or visit: http://www.reallyreallyfree.org/<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?UCIndependentMediaCe/28e51d3077/TEST/d74f8f0733>
------------------------------

*Free Music in the Lobby*!
  *11:00am*
*Flexible Fliers, Robin Kearton, Tom Faux*, and friends play a lively mix of
traditional dance music including old-time, Quebecois, romantic waltzes, and
more!

*12:00pm*
*John Elder:* Finger picking Piedmont Blues Style Guitar,

*1:00pm*
*Gored by A Buffalo*: Old-Time String Band  music, featuring tunes collected
and played in Illinois
------------------------------
  *"A World of Anthems" *

   [image: ben.jpg]

*Artists on Display:*
 Kelly White
Evelyne Tardy
Trey Coppland
Dana Majors
Atef Ayadi
Betsem Atiback Benjamin

Display will be free and open to the public all weekend.  Admission is
required for IMC
Fest<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?UCIndependentMediaCe/28e51d3077/TEST/294274ac26>,
April 17th starts at 7pm.
------------------------------
*Children's Arts
Festival<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?UCIndependentMediaCe/28e51d3077/TEST/68bdbfdf19>
May 8th, 2010*
[image: CAFflierlogos.jpg]

          *IMC FEST: A Musical Celebration! *
Saturday, April 17th - Starts at 7pm

IMC fest 2010 is a celebration of a decade of the independent media movement
in the twin city area. The festival will feature some of the areas favorite
performers from various genres, an art show, local speakers, video, improv,
and much more.
[image: IMCfest_2010poster-1.jpg]
*Performers include:
*Sandunga<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?UCIndependentMediaCe/28e51d3077/TEST/76b1dedb46>
Elizabeth Simpson
Phillip Sudderberg

Kilroy et, al.<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?UCIndependentMediaCe/28e51d3077/TEST/c6a70ecdaf>
Stan McConnell of Santah
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?UCIndependentMediaCe/28e51d3077/TEST/0ebf6a084b>

Grandkids<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?UCIndependentMediaCe/28e51d3077/TEST/b925359cdb/ref=pymk>
Jacob Barton, ODDMUSIC<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?UCIndependentMediaCe/28e51d3077/TEST/a7b3a1653c>
Zach May & The Maps<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?UCIndependentMediaCe/28e51d3077/TEST/af0a18a45e>
My Dear Alan Andrews<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?UCIndependentMediaCe/28e51d3077/TEST/4c25b3ac29>

*With Interludes by:
*
Claire & Charlie

Kelly Durley
Mark Enslin & Kat Lieder, Healthcare Slapstick

Speaker Brian Dolinar

More info available here:
http://www.imcfest.org<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?UCIndependentMediaCe/28e51d3077/TEST/20eb6f1a51>

IMC Fest is a benefit for the Independent Media Center. Admission is $10

 *Pages for Pennies
*[image: b2p_booksale_spring_2010.jpg]
 Spring Book Sale

  - April 16-18

Friday 4-8pm
Saturday 8-5pm
Sunday 10am-2pm

 *

$0.50 soft covers, $1 hardbacks
*Bag Sale Sunday (fill a bag for $4)

 http://www.books2prisoners.org/<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?UCIndependentMediaCe/28e51d3077/TEST/7cf37b22aa>
------------------------------

*Boneyard Arts Festival<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?UCIndependentMediaCe/28e51d3077/TEST/e21c8d9661>-
Schedule of Events at the IMC:
*
All Skillshares are FREE and open to the public!
[image: BoneyardIMC.jpg]

*11pm **
Frugal Finance, Frugal Living*- Learn ways of making your money strength &
about living a frugal lifestyle.Skillshare led by Paul Nolan, Ron Szoke,
Nancy Dietrich-CU Dumpster Divers Association.

*Audio Production Using Audacity*- Learn the newest version of Audacity, a
popular, open source audio production program. Skillshare led byCarly Nix.

*12 Noon*
*Theater of the Oppressed,* Based on the work of Augusto Boal, in this
workshop we will engage in participatory theater designed to explore the
oppressions of everyday life. We will use exercises and techniques to
brainstorm solutions and rehearse practical responses. Participants will
leave the workshop with hands-on tactics to use in their lives and a deeper
understanding of the complexity of such issues. The topics we address will
be based on the life-experiences of the group, e.g. ablity, race, class,
gender, orientation, and adultism.
Skillshare led by Beth Simpson

*IMC-Tech Training*, Find out about the tech benefits of IMC
membership-email, webhosting, social networking, and much more Skillshare
led by Josh King.
 ------------------------------
 *Boneyard Performances: UP Center
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?UCIndependentMediaCe/28e51d3077/TEST/5ecdaaad8f>*

 [image: UpCenterLogo.jpg]
 *12:30pm*
*Urbana Middle School Students Share Their Voice.*
Jeremiah Beasley, Ronnie L. Portis, Jeremiah and Ronnie will sing motivating
songs.

*1:15 pm*
*Spoken Word* - Jeanie Austin will share her poetry.

*2:00pm*
*Tell Your Story!* Kevin Johnson and Megan Paceley will be videotaping
anyone who would like to share why they think The UP Center is needed in
Champaign County.  This will be used for fundraising and general promotions.

*3:00pm*
*Artists Reception* - Meet the visual artists Trey Coppland, Dana Majors,
and Evelyne Tardy

*3:30pm*
*Class Act presents Theatersports Improv Group*
A local improv group will share their talents!

*4:15pm*
*Spoken Word* - Cara Bailey will share her poetry.

*4:30pm*
*Zoo Improv* - A local improv group will share their talents!
------------------------------
 *IMC Shows Presents: Lac La Belle
*starts at 7pm

Evocative of bygone eras and hollowed traditions, the music of Lac La Belle
fits comfortably next to old timey Americana, but blazes its own trail away
from the purist camp.
 [image: LacLaBelle.jpg]
 Jennie Knaggs; Vocals, Guitar, Mandolin, Accordion
 Joel Peterson; Double Bass
Nick Schillace; Guitar, Vocals, Banjo, Mandolin

Sunday, April 18th
Admission: $6

Lac La Belle on
MYSPACE<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?UCIndependentMediaCe/28e51d3077/TEST/0d19df5405>

   We hope you enjoy our new Events Weekly Newsletter! Please come on by and
check us out!

 Sincerely,
The people of the Independent Media Center

--
Katy Vizdal
Performance Venue Coordinator

Web: http://www.ucimc.org/