[Imc-members] Memorial Artist Celebration for Susan Evans

carol ammons carolammons at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 15:06:37 CDT 2010

Good afternoon IMC community,

I'd like to officially share an invitation that I received from a local
artistwith you.  She will have an open exhibit and artist show in honor of
Chris Evans's deceased mother, who transitioned last year.  If you are able
to attend, please show your support for our friend Chris.

Memorial Artist Celebration for Susan Evans
One of Champaign's oldest art galleries at 11 East University Ave. will have
a reception Saturday May 8 from 10-6 pm. in honor of former owner Susan
Evans. Artist Melinda "Joy" Trevino will be honoring her with her limited
edition framed flower series "Colors of the Chakras" evolving from previous
hand-painted silks. Her studies in chromo therapy or color therapy has
proven how color can be healing to the seven major energy centers in the
human body referred to as "chakras". An original acrylic painting of the
lotus flower representing the highest form of spiritual consciousness is the
eighth flower that completed her flower series. Melinda"Joy" will also be
displaying a 6ft. hand-painted silk wall hanging, hand-painted silk shawls,
scarves, and camisoles. Artwork will be on display May 8-30.
*When*
Sat, May 8, 10am – 6pm GMT-05:00
*Where*
Art Gallary