[Imc-members] Steering tonight

Nicole Pion nicole.pion at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 10:03:51 CST 2010

*From: *Susan Porter Bruce <susanpbruce at yahoo.com>
*Date: *January 14, 2010 7:29:33 AM CST
*To: *imc-members at lists.chambana.net
*Subject: **IMC Steering Tonight*

Hello all,

On behalf of Books To Prisoners, I'd like to remind members that the IMC
Steering meeting is tonight 8:00-10:00---held over from last week.

These are the agenda items/updates we have received from working groups.
Please email more by noon today.

-Susan Bruce

LIBRARIANS GROUP UPDATE (submitted by  Chris Ritzo)

-Received collection donation from the estate of Barbara Vogl. This will
become a new permanent collection at the IMC: the Barbara Vogl Cybernetics
Collection.
-Began moving library materials to new location: south wall of main space
near the windows
-Website has been given a huge update. Added links to donate to UCIMC
library
via Paypal.
-Hosted volunteers from Library Science school in Dec. Cataloged zines.
-Will be working with Meme to build new shelving for library materials
-Coordinating with Library Science school Archives class to begin work
organizing and cataloging UCIMC archive materials

THE BIKE PROJECT UPDATE (submitted by Emma Barnes)

-Women and Trans night (first Tues. of every month) is still continuing.
This
week's was empty due to cold weather & lack of students in town
-Our next general meeting will be Jan. 26 6-8 pm. All are invited to attend.
Food and beverages will be provided. An agenda is always available on our
wiki page before the meeting.
-Light installation will occur approximately Jan. 15th.
-Members-only hours are suspended until Spring
-Will be a Bike Fitting clinic Jan. 31st hosted by Karen Partlow, the
business owner of Crow Dog bike fitting business (and Bike Project member)

AMERICORPS UPDATE (submitted by Judith Pond)

-MLK Day of Service Project: forming a peace band with 2nd and 3rd graders
at
King Elementary School on Tuesday, January 19
-Art supply drive to benefit King School: look for donation bins in the IMC

BOOKS TO PRISONERS UPDATE (submitted by Susan Bruce)

-Spring Book Sale, April 16-18, possible conflict with Boneyard Arts
-MLK Day of Service, Monday 1:00-3:00
-Judith beginning outreach to organizations

--
Nicole Pion
Outreach and Development Adviser

believed to be clean.