[Imc-members] Impromptu Site Visit and Americorps Applicant Review

carol ammons carolammons at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 11:26:05 CDT 2010

Good morning everyone,

As you all may remember, yesterday we had a "in the neighborhood"
visit from Ted Gibbs, Executive Director from the Serve Illinois
Commission (oversee Americorps state-wide) and Lisa Hooker, Program
Officer.  They were in town for another meeting and decided to stop
by. They did finally make it at about 3.  They were impressed with the
busy environment that was taking place and enjoyed the tour of the
facility.  They only stayed for about 20 minutes.  Congratulated us on
our first year success and offered their support for next year.

I also wanted to remind all of the working groups about our applicant
review days this weekend.  We will meet Saturday & Sunday, from 3 - 5
to review and discuss the applicants that each program has received.
I wanted to ensure that all members of the working groups/programs had
an opportunity to view all of the applicants to increase the chance of
finding the right persons to interview.  All applicants will be sorted
by program and placed on a table.  If a member applied to two
programs, well place a copy of the applicants information in both
areas.  Please keep in mind that we want to make sure that we have a
diverse membership that includes people of different race, sexual
preference, age, etc.  Americorps minimum requirements are:  18years
of age, high school graduate, and US citizens.

Thanks,

Carol A.
--
Carol Ammons-Program Director