[Imc-members] ALLIED MEDIA CONFERENCE

Tatyana Safronova tsafro at gmail.com
Wed May 18 12:58:58 CDT 2011

Hi, all! I just wanted to bring to your attention that the Allied Media
Conference is coming to Detroit at the end of June (23-26) and there are
already groups going north from Urbana and Champaign. If you're new to it,
or to conferences in general, (like I am), you can check out the Conference
site here:http://alliedmedia.org/amc2011 . There's also info there about
places to stay.

Mission: *"The Allied Media Conference cultivates strategies for a more just
and creative world. We come together to share tools and tactics for
transforming our communities through media-based organizing."*

Basically, their mission seems totally in line with how the IMC works, so it
should be an exciting conference to check out and share our community media
experiences. If you've been to the Conference before or can share your
experiences or accommodation / transportation tips and info, please respond
to this e-mail (or maybe even post an article with info on our front page)!

Thanks
Tatyana

--
Tatyana Safronova

Interview Radio Show Host, "The Big Boom," bigboomcu.wordpress.com
Blogger, A Continental Drift, acontinentaldrift.blogspot.com
tsafro at gmail.com
(224) 828 3442

"An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind." - Mahatma Gandhi