[Imc-members] Happy New Year! - from the Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Sat Dec 29 15:40:16 UTC 2012

Dear friends of the Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center,

*Happy New Year! *

May 2013 be filled with peace and justice.

Please consider offering an end of the year tax deductible
*gift<https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TWX4SX3FC7XTS>
* to continue to grow the Urbana IMC as a creative space to develop
community expression and empowerment.

You may *donate
now<https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TWX4SX3FC7XTS>
*via paypal or mail your contribution to: UCIMC 202 S. Broadway Ave #100,
Urbana, IL 61801  If you prefer, you may email your pledge and preferred
payment plan to chyn at ojctech.com and we will send you payment envelopes.

Thanks to donors like you, in 2012, *we raised the WRFU radio tower*.  WRFU
104.5 FM can now be heard throughout all of Champaign, Urbana, and Savoy!
Your donation will help take advantage of this new community asset to have
musicians, youth, activists, and underrepresented voices and perspectives
on the air.

*Books to Prisoners* has sent 78,794 books for free to 12,452 Illinois
inmates and staff two jail lending libraries.  Your donation will help
support our programs to promote literacy and inclusion amongst the
incarcerated.

Urbana IMC is an *anchor on UC2B*, the public broadband network. Your
donation will allow us to greatly expand our programming in 2013 through
media training, MakersFaires, and our weekly computer help desk.

The *Public i* continues to shine a spotlight on policing and the criminal
justice system to increase public accountability of these bodies.  We have
brought to light police violence against handcuffed youth, the Sheriff's
acquisition of a drone, and racial profiling statistics.

We continue to grow our *partnership with Urbana Public Television*, who
cosponsored the *Grassroots Radio Conference* last year which brought
nearly 200 media and social justice advocates to Urbana. Your donation will
help us grow our venue for conferences, workshops, and performances by
independent musicians and artists.

A warm thank you to the thousands of donors who have made Urbana IMC
possible for the past 12 years.

Thank you for considering a
*donation<https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TWX4SX3FC7XTS>
* as we enter 2013.

Ways to donate:

1. donate now by credit
card<https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TWX4SX3FC7XTS>

2. mail your contribution to UCIMC 202 S. Broadway Ave #100, Urbana, IL
61801.

3. email your pledge and preferred payment plan to me at chyn at ojctech.com and
we will send you payment envelopes.

warmly,

Danielle

Danielle Chynoweth

Chair, Fundraising Committee of the Board

Photos from 2012:

[image: Inline image 3]

Celebrating the WRFU Tower raising.

[image: Inline image 4]

Teaching new community radio stations how to apply for a license at the
Grassroots Radio Conference.

[image: Inline image 6]

Unity March 2012 ended with a gathering at the IMC.

See more inspiring photos
here.<http://www.flickr.com/photos/60894600@N02/sets/72157631584963897/>