[Imc-members] THIS WEEK at the IMC...

Latrelle Bright judgecricket at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 17:02:45 EDT 2015

*THIS WEEK **at the IMC…*

*ON THE STAGE…*

ucimcoperationsdirector at gmail.com

*PEACE JAM: a Kick-off event for Domestic Violence Awareness Month*

Performances and a Resource Fair to support survivors of domestic violence
and standing up for peace and justice in the community.

Wednesday, October 7

6:00 PM – 8:00 PM

Event is Free.  Donations appreciated.

*IN THE SPACE…*

*UCIMC 15th Anniversary Celebration*

October 9-11, 2015

*Friday, October 9th*

5:30-7pm - Art making workshops

7:30pm - Evening performance hosted by the School for Designing a Society

*Saturday, October 10*

9am-noon - Work parties with 3 tracks: Tech-tastic, Greening up our space,
Archiving our History

11:30-1pm - Catered Lunch and Panel: What is needed now from a Community
Media & Arts Center in CU?

1-3pm - IMC Open House - meet all the current IMC projects!

3-5pm - Future of the IMC & Independent Media - lead by Sascha Meinrath and
Danielle Chynoweth

6:30-9:30 - Evening Event - $10-30 sliding scale

6:30 - Wine and Cheese Mixer

7:30 – Entertainment provided by Exposed

*Sunday, October 11*

10am - 12pm - Breakfast and Interactive Exercises: Launching the Next 15
years of the IMC

Noon - Closing circle

*Uncivil Rites: Palestine and the Limits of Academic Freedom*

A book talk with Steven Salaita

Tuesday, October 13

6:00 PM – 9:00 PM

*IN THE NEWS…*

*Deadline *to submit articles for the November issue of The Public I is
Wednesday, October 21 at 5pm

*ONGOING…*

*Public I Meetings:*

7:00PM Wednesdays

print at ucimc.org

*WRFU 104.5 FM Meetings:*

Fourth Tuesdays at 7:00PM

rfu at ucimc.org

*Books to Prisoners Volunteer Sessions*:

7:00 - 9:00 PM Tuesdays

2:00 - 4:00 PM Thursdays

2:00 - 4:00 PM Saturdays

*CU Showing Up for Racial Justice*

5:30 – 7:30 PM, October 7 and 21

*Makerspace Urbana Open Hours:*

7:00 – 9:00 PM Wednesdays

11:00 – 1:00PM Saturdays

*The Bike Project Open Hours:*

6:30 – 9:00 PM Tuesdays

6:30 – 9:00 PM Thursdays

2:00 – 5:00 PM Saturdays

2:00 – 5:00 PM Sundays

PLUS:

Women and Trans

11:00 – 2:00 PM Second Saturdays

*The Bike Project: Weekly Rides*

Every Friday we meet up at the Campus Bicycle Center after closing for a
short (4 to 10 mile) ride through and around Champaign-Urbana. We usually
end up at a place that offers food or drink. This is a good way to meet
other cyclists, learn to cycle in traffic and in a group, and maybe find
some parts of the community that you didn’t know about. You will want to
bring your helmet and your lights, because it can be dark at the end of
this social and fun ride.

*Women in the Jail Meeting:*

Second and Fourth Thursdays

4:30 – 6:00 PM

*EVERY WEEK ON THE RADIO…*

*WRFU, 104.5 FM*

*SUNDAY*

Midnight – 5:00am   *Blues Before Sunrise (syndicated)* Host: Steve Cushing

*MONDAY*

7:00pm – 8:00pm       *CU Immigration*                                Host:
Tom Garza

10:00pm – midnight *Women in Rock*                                Host: Jim
Cantwell

            *TUESDAY                                *

            5:00pm – 7:00pm       *After Hours Drive*
Host: DJ BJ Clark

            *NEW!*

*            7:30pm – 8:30pm       The CD
Project                                    Hosts: Chuck & Dave*

            10:00pm – midnight *Women in Rock*
Host: Jim Cantwell

*WEDNESDAY                          *

6:00pm – 7:00pm       *The Eleventh Indian Show*
Host: Tom Garza

10:00pm – midnight *Women in Rock*                                Host: Jim
Cantwell

*THURSDAY                             *

5:00pm – 7:00pm       *After Hours Drive*                             Host:
DJ BJ Clark

10:00pm – midnight *Women in Rock*                                Host: Jim
Cantwell

            *FRIDAY                                    *

            6:00pm – 7:00pm       *Harukana Show*
Host: Mugiko Nishikawa

*SATURDAY                  *

            11:00am – 1:00pm     *Birth Parents’ Rights on Ultimate Demand*
       Host: Peeka