[Imc-midwest-regional] Regional Indymedia Gathering in Urbana, Illinois.

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 23 13:24:46 CDT 2001

As an Urbana IMC member I would be interested in putting together a session
on pirate and low-power radio.  It's something I've researched extensively,
and I'd like to invite the participation of folks I know in the midwest
region who are also active and/or knowledgeable, including: Prof. Ron
Sakolsky at UI-S and John Anderson, who does the Pirate Radio Page at
About.com and is also working with the Madison IMC (and I'd love to be able
to get Mbanna Kantako over here, too).

On the topic of media centralization we could ask Prof. Robert McChesney at
the U of I to do something, perhaps.

--Paul