[Imc-midwest-regional] UCIMC/Nigeria IMC partnering:

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at urbana.indymedia.org
Wed Nov 21 11:58:46 CST 2001

Hi everyone,

I'm sending this out to you because this is our first real opportunity to
help build the Global IMC network in a concrete and personal way.  Several
of us here at the UCIMC have agreed to help the Nigeria IMC get set up and
running.  We are doing this because we feel that it is the responsibility
of IMCs who are established and have an abundance of resources to aid
others; because coverage of events is Africa has been dominated by
corporate-media; because Nigeria specifically is in dire need of an
independent source of information about what is happening in the country;
and because skill and resource sharing is an integral part of building
communication and trust among IMC participants.

The UCIMC plans to hold several events over the next year to help raise
money for Nigeria IMC.  If you are interested in helping plan these events,
please contact me or molly <molly at onthejob.net> as soon as possible.  The
Urbana-Champaign IMC is lucky enough to have an incredibly talented
tech-team, and participants in the Nigeria IMC should feel free to send
questions or requests to our tech working group
<imc-tech at urbana.indymedia.org>.  If you would like to aid Nigeria IMC with
tech logistics, please send an e-mail to nigeriaimc at yahoo.com.

Finally, at our regional Indymedia gathering, we discussed at length the
need to build the Global South, and the need to find routes of skill and
resource transfer to areas of the globe that have been oppressed by
"first-world" nations.  This is an opportunity to actualize these ideas, I
hope you will join this effort and support the Nigeria IMC effort.

If you would like to make a financial contribution to help build the
Nigeria IMC, please send your tax-deductible donation to:

Urbana-Champaign IMC
Nigeria IMC Fund
ATTN: Treasurer
218 West Main St., Suite 110
Urbana, IL 61801
U.S.A.

I hope you will help us with this effort,

--Sascha Meinrath
Urbana-Champaign IMC

P.S. Below is the latest news from Nigeria IMC: