[Imc-midwest-regional] Cleveland IMC

Dana Williams danamwilliams at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 17 13:47:36 CST 2002

Sascha and others,

Incidentally, the Cleveland IMC will be turning in its finalized "new IMC"
application *tomorrow*. Cleveland had an IMC briefly in early 2000 for a short
period of time, but it quickly ceased being active. But, since last winter, a
new, larger, and more dedicated collective has taken the reins and has been
working through re-starting/re-forming/re-vitalizing the Cleveland IMC.

I thought it might be interesting for others in the midwest to know this. (Is
Cleveland in the "midwest"? Who knows! These regions are so variable and aren't
defined well-- that's my degree in geography talking.) Either way, hopefully
soon, we'll be joining the official ranks.

Looking forward to collaborating with our neighbors... including Indianapolis!

Peace,
Dana
w/ Cleveland IMC

--- Sascha Meinrath <sascha at ucimc.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is just an FYI that Indianapolis has put in official word that it's
> going to start an IMC.  We should be on the lookout for ways to lend
> support; also, if you know folks in Indy who might want to help out,
> definitely put them in contact with Roy (cc-ed above).  It would be great
> to have another IMC in the area!
>
> --Sascha Meinrath
> Urbana-Champaign IMC
>
> ***
>

> ATTACHMENT part 2.1 message/rfc822 charset=US-ASCII
> Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 14:41:37 -0800
> To: new-imc at indymedia.org, imc-process at indymedia.org
> From: red_royh at yahoo.com
> Subject: [IMC-Process] Online form: Proposed new IMC! (Indymedia
> Indianapolis)
>
> Submitted by: Roy Harrigan <red_royh at yahoo.com> on Friday, November 15th,
> 2002 @ 2:41:37 pm (-0800)
>
> Client Variables
> ----------------
>
> HTTP_USER_AGENT:
> Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows 98)
>
> Online Form Fields
> ------------------
>
> imc_name:
> Indymedia Indianapolis
>
> city:
> Indianapolis
>
> state:
> Indiana
>
> country:
> USA
>
> contact_name:
> Roy Harrigan
>
> contact_email:
> red_royh at yahoo.com
>
> contact_phone:
>

> tech_name:
> Roy Harrigan
>
> tech_email:
>

> tech_phone:
>

> supporting_groups:
> Butler Student Progressive Caucus
> Indianapolis Womyn’s Forum
> Butler Green Coalition
>

> regional_focus:
> yes
>
> critical_dates:
>

> resources:
> We have pulled together several individuals who are proficient in web design
> who will make up the core of our technical community. We also have access to
> a high speed [T3] line.
>
> outreach:
> Although small, we manage to hold small local forums at local colleges, high
> schools, indy book stores, and at large social gatherings. We hold discussion
> groups at least once a week posting fliers in stores, schools, coffee shops,
> and anywhere else we can reach the right demographic. We never manage to get
> more than 30 people together, but considering we have only been doing this
> for a few months, we have made excellent progress getting diverse groups of
> people together to learn and share ideas.
>
> introductory_statement:
> Although not know for its radical nature like Berkeley or Eugene,
> Indianapolis does have its own distinct progressive voices. Too far away from
> [...]

=====
"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them."    - George Orwell

STAND:     http://www.uakron.edu/stand/
FNB:       http://gozips.uakron.edu/~dw2/fnb.html
PFP:       http://AkronOhio.net/peace/

Please ignore the corporate ad that follows this message.... thanks!