[Imc-midwest-regional] Helping New IMCs in the Midwest U.S. area:

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Thu Feb 20 12:16:00 CST 2003

Hi all,

The UCIMC has hosted a Midwest U.S. IMC communications list for a couple
years now:

http://lists.cu.groogroo.com/mailman/archive/imc-midwest-regional/

It has representatives from multiple different Midwestern IMCs (membership
hasn't been updated in quite some time, so if you're in the area please
sign up, it would be great to have you aboard).  The list was created to
aid coordination of the UCIMC's first regional Indymedia gathering and
post-gathering communication.  This sounds like a great opportunity for
reviving the list, building solidarity among IMCs, fostering increased
local communication, and growing the Global Network.

I was active with the New-IMC list back when it started and know that
having a shepherd to guide New folks through the process is incredibly
important.  I think it would be great if Midwest Regional people could
help out aspiring new IMCs in the area.  I'm currently working with Indy
IMC and I hope that other folks from local IMCs will step forward to offer
to help other IMCs that need the help.

Basic info on the process for IMC-Midwest folks is available at:

The new-imc process has been described here:
http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Global/NewImcHowHelpUs

and there are several other new new-imc meta-documents at:
http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Global/NewImc

In solidarity,

--Sascha Meinrath
Urbana-Champaign IMC