[Imc-midwest-regional] WRFU Barnraising at the Urbana-Champaign IMC:

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Thu Oct 27 23:16:11 CDT 2005

Hi all,

I hope folks can come down to Urbana for this -- it's going to be a great time
and I'm really looking forward to seeing folks here in Urbana in a couple weeks.
  Let me know if you plan to make it.

--Sascha

***

We want to see YOU as we build a community radio station in Urbana, IL,
November 11th-13th!! Please forward this note widely, and write
hannahjs at prometheusradio.org if you'd like to be removed from this list!

Time is running out to arrange your travel plans for the next
fantabulous Prometheus Radio Project Radio Barnraising! The Urbana
Champaign Independent Media Center, Champaign Urbana Wireless, and
Prometheus invite you to learn wireless technology to make your own
community internet, build a brand new community radio station, and
generally rock out.

Check out http://www.prometheusradio.org/urbana to figure out your
travel plans and to register for this event! A list of workshops is
there for your enjoyment! Here's a taste of what you will enjoy:

* Learn about wireless technology from the crack team of CUWireless --
and hear about the networks they've built all across the Gulf in the
wake of Hurricane Katrina!

* Brainstorm on the possibilities of radio technology and wireless
networks with leaders like communications pioneer and award-winning
lecturer Nolan Bowie, and media reform juggernaut Bob McChesney

* Celebrate the opening of the biggest IMC in North America -- the
three-story Champaign Urbana Independent Media Center -- which will
house wonderful WRFU!

* Build an entire radio station and expand a community wireless network
over the course of a weekend! Plenty of opportunity for newcomers to
radio to get their hands dirty.

* AND MUCH MORE!

It isn't too late to register NOW at
http://www.prometheusradio.org/urbana -- housing, food, and all events
included, and pay what you can -- no one ever turned away for lack of
money.

We can't wait to see you there -- learn more at
http://www.prometheusradio.org/urbana today!

--
Sascha Meinrath
Policy Analyst    *  Project Coordinator  *  President