[Imc-newsroom] good job!

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Tue Dec 12 02:22:33 CST 2000

Nice job Peter and Brent on tonight's newshour -- and kudos to everyone who
submitted material.

I think the show sounded really good, and pretty tight, especially
considering that it was Brent's first time out.  We're definitely working
out a format that we can use and maybe I'll actually get it down in print
this week so that we can all use it and revise it.

I hope that we can get as much content into all of the upcoming Monday shows.

A note on promotion -- the announcements being read on WEFT seem to only
focus on the feature topic.  I think it would be better to also mention the
local news and announcements--maybe give all the reads a common
template.  That way people who are looking for general news might also be
stimulated to tune in. I'm willing to do this unless someone else wants to
do it.

Finally--I digitized tonight's show and should have it up on the web
somewhere in a day or two.  I'll post details on the main imc list and on
the website.

--Paul