[Imc-newsroom] Equipment List 2.0

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 16 20:13:13 CST 2000

Danielle Chynoweth  <chyn at onthejob.net>   344-0183 (h) 637-2018 (cell)
portable minidisc recorder with room and clip-on mics
minicomputer with Windows 97, Word, Excel (must plug in)
pretty decent automatic camera with zoom

Bryan Cribbs  <bdcribbs at onthejob.net>  384-5123      210 S. Grove
a computer with a CD burner and a scanner
OnmiPage (does optical character recognition), Sound Forge

William Gillespie   <william at wordwork.org>   337-6237    606 E. Green
St., U
saddle stapler
minidisc recorder/deck

Brian Hagy   <bhagy at onthejob.net>   384-9305   105 W. Washington, U
audio/video computer workstation
 (includes:  8X CD-Burner, Scanner, Pinnacle DC1000 capture board-Mpeg2,
         Photoshop 5.5, Illustrator 8, After Effects 4, LiveMotion,
                Golive, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, Sound Forge)
DAT player/recorder
Cassette player/recorder
VHS VCR

Paul Kotheimer   <herringb at prairienet.org>  384-0299  409 N. Race, U
*Things I can move permanently to IMC space:

1 microphone stand with boom and weighted base.  this can be my
donation.
1 length of mic-snake cable (mount it in the wall or floor to link
isolation booth to mini-disc or computer recording setup.)

*Things I can loan semi-permanently but will need to "SIGN OUT" for
hand-made record label usage from time to time:

2-3 mic cables
1 small mixer (MACKIE 1202)

*Things of mine which can be at the IMC's disposal "on call" for now,
with
option to relocate to IMC short-term, depending on needs/budget.

pretty much anything i own,
incl. 1 SONY DAT recorder
1  fancy-pants voice-over mic (R0DE NT2 large diaphragm condenser)
1  MACKIE 1604 (big mixer)
1  dbx 760x 2-channel mic preamp
     (matches signal strength in order to
     record direct to computer sound card
     or minidisc)--great for voiceovers!
1  100 watt (not very very loud, but loud enough) P. A. system

*Things of mine which i might ask the IMC to store for me if ever i get
in
a bind:

1 upright piano
1 wurlitzer organ

*I WANT TO USE SERGEI TO PRE-PRODUCE RADIO AUDIO FOR IMC.  i want
digital
mini-disc-to-soundcard conversion.  i want to share my knowlege and
skills.

Mike Lehman   <rebelmike at earthlink.net>   344-5609   608 E. Green, U
minidisc recorder
portable cassette recorder
mini-cassette recorder
various mikes, cables, stands
mixer board
35mm SLR camera with several lens
portable two-way radios

Peter Miller <peterm at shout.net> 367-1336  407 W. Green St., #6, U
"portable" cassette recorder with phone interface
4 channel mixer
4 lavalier microphones (good for recording panel discussions)
Dual cassette deck
Computer with CoolEdit96 (a simple multi-track sound editor)
portable minidisc recorder, sans a microphone

Zach Miller   <wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com>   390-1865  709
W.Washington, U?
minidisc recorder

Paul Riismandel   <p-riism at uiuc.edu>   278-2274   104 N. Central, U
minidisc recorder
tape recorder (cassette?)
vhs vcr

Maria Silva    <marisabelsilva at yahoo.com>
Hi-8 camcorder

If you would like to use equipment, it is a good idea to make contact
with the person whose it is a day or so ahead of time of need.
Sometimes, this is not possible, for obvious reasons in the news biz.

Those who have camcorders, etc. might want to consider keeping a charged
rechargable battery or fresh disposables for those late-breaking news
stories.

Mike Lehman
344-5609